Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Scans won't be put on here, I you want to read it go and get the mag! Will put up some photos of the shoot though at a later date.

No in all seriousness, I can't put any scans up untill after the mag goes off sale atleast, it's very rude towards the guys who wrote the article (simonj) and the golf+ team.

Thanks to Simon, Sarah and Ian at G+ who I dealt with directly. And ofcourse thanks to Tony Matthews for the photos!!

I haven't seen the feature myself yet, but I've seen the cover, and the wallpaper/poster you can get of it. Looks really good, I'm stoaked!

John

Whilst in dallas i thought it would be rude not to buy myself a present.

Motorsport spec 380cc 4 port injectors. Might need to modify the fuel rail a little to get them to fit tight, but shouldnt be any problems.

This allows me to up the boost, so i can get more POW!

0891b8c2.jpg

b0c8918a.jpg

e7b36b20.jpg

632c6311.jpg

John

POOOooowww :coffee:

Edited by 12yan

Are injectors not application specific then? Or are these sort of universal ones?

These arent universal. Buy yeah your right, some are application specific.

Ive had to research through to find the right set, as there are loads of different sets as you can imagine, these are for the mini JCW's and for the 1.8t engines. They should fit without many problems, only thing that might need to be doen is spacing the fuel rail away form the inley manifold a little bit.

Colin - saw your email, ill reply in a bit!

John

Well just to push me along with the cars prep to finally be finished engine wise its now booked in for its test cell mapping session at emerald. That way it will finally be finished and i wont need to keep farting about with the map. Water meth will be fully mapped in to the car on switchable maps, and egt sensor will be controling the ignition timing to prevent pre detination. Hopfully ill see the power gains im after and can happily settle with the figure we get.

I have untill the 27th of august to do the following

Strip down front end of car

Remove radiator to send to Proalloy for slight repair

Fit new lightweight high flow radiator fan

Remove Exhaust manifold, Retrofit EGT sensor

Remove inlet manifold.

Fit new injectors

Fix slight leak on charger cooler

Fit smaller pulley (yep i need more boost!) - hoping to get 14 psi. Might have to run a water jet in to the inlet of the charger to drop the temps and increase density to get the boost im after.

Mapping session to tie it all in so i can drive to emerald for the big session.

Hope ive got enought time to do it all, Going to be a busy 6-7 weeks!!

John