Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

8j et12 on the rears eh? Did the camber shims help a lot? Mine is going in for the arches to be done in a couple of weeks. Just trying to gauge if just rolling the arches with 8j et15s is gonna be enough...

What do you do for a living John?

Is it car related?... you seem to be very knowlegable.

I work on aeroplanes, Cars are my hobby. Love tinkering with cars, manily engines and learning about them. This project has been a great place for me to learn about everything in general, specific things like the water meth injection mod, i spent weeks reading up on and researching!

8j et12 on the rears eh? Did the camber shims help a lot? Mine is going in for the arches to be done in a couple of weeks. Just trying to gauge if just rolling the arches with 8j et15s is gonna be enough...

Yeah, roll, pull and slight flare. 195/45/15 tyre helps quite a bit just to tuck it nicely back in to the arch, they are pretty damn tight though!if you roll the lip as flat as you can and pull them out ever so slightly, remembering to remove all the seam sealer you can get a good 15mm more clearance on the rear arch. You will need to trim and modify the arch liner though to suit it.

Camber shims set at -1.25 pull the top of the wheel in about 5-7mm

Edited by CasperGTI

Ok so in preperation for UD, i started to split the RS's, which was hard as they were pretty immaculate, but i want a different colour, and really want to give the dishes a good polish up.

Took all the bolts out and started polishing them, takes forever.... only half way through them so far.

IMG_4811.jpg

Then decided that id have a go with the dish and the mahcine polisher before i completly split them, and change the centre colour.

Medium lambswool mit on my rotary polisher with nuvite grade A polish, followed by megs NXT metal polish on a fine lambswool mit. Im pretty happy withthe results too/

Before:

IMG_4806.jpg

IMG_4807.jpg

After:

IMG_4805.jpg

IMG_4808.jpg

Comparison:

IMG_4809.jpg

Bring on the orange!

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Im sealing them, There mixed views on how to seal them. When i removed the bolts from these ones there was sealant in the bolt holes, im not sure if lee put a small bead inbetween the sealing faces.

I didnt think you had to do them like that, whateve he did though it worked!

John

• 2 weeks later...

Little bits coming together slowly.

Been working on this for weeks, finally got it finished and up to an amaising finish.

Rattle can sprayed, and then attacked with the machine polisher and then treated to some zaino.

Im happy how its turned out

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

IMG_4815.jpg

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4822.jpg

John

it does look amazing, i used to airbrush rc car bodyshells, i have to say from a spray can its a great finish, lots and lots of rubbing down, well done,,,,,,,,,,