Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

5 Week trip to the bodyshop on the 22nd... Long list of bits to be done, Alot of it will be un-noticable to most appart from me as im anal!

Get it back 2 Days before UD, Some would say im cutting it rather Fine!!

Cant wait to get the ball rolling now!

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Yeah staying black, its just having a freshen up as most of the paint is original, so will look all fresh for this year.

Main concentration is on the arches, the guy is an oldschool panel beater, he'd rather hand beat out all the arches than use specially made tools. Ive seem his work before and it really is top knotch.

Im pretty excited too, being able to run those wheels without any scrubbing will be brilliant! Plus it allows me to look for other wheels with more difficult to fit offsets in the future too.

John

Edited by CasperGTI

WOOP 1000Th post!

And to celebrate, a new toy for the car has been purchased, Water/Methanol injection soon to come to a lupo near you!

HFS3m-sh.jpg

There is alot of theory behind water meth, i have been researching it over the last 3 or so weeks, mix ratios, what methanol does, what water does etc etc, where to inject it.... But anyway, im part of a group buy on the new aquamist HFS-3 system, Due for delivery mid febuary.

So the injection position, injected after the intercooler but at a position where it is well mixed before it passes the inlet air temp sensor and in to the engine. Simply jsut a case of welding a boss on to the stainless pipe and attatching the injector.

Water injection is used more for the cooling of the combustion process, Lowering the exhaust gas temerature for me is crucial, as it means less heat will be transfered to the supercharger. The water also increases the density of the air, and slightly cools it which gives it a higher knock suppression and good EGT reduction.

The methanol has a much better inlet air temperature reduction, and a good octane boost, and moderate EGT reduction. All meaning that for my application, where i have a bit of an exhaust temperature problem, traveling to the charger which heats the air on compression more. Cooling ti with water will make that process better. Then cooling the air in to the engine and increasing the octane level of the air allows me to run more ignition advance, meaning i can see a fair bit more power with this system running.

It has a failsafe too, meaning i will have two maps built in to emerald, one will be selected all the time, which will have the water meth mapping on it, mega advanced ignition timings and less fueling (water/meth actually takes up some of the fueling). Anyway, the system has a fail safe that detects leaks, blocked injectors or low fluid level. This can then send a warning pulse to my ecu, which will then automatically switch the map back to a safe map (the map i have now). And i can continue to drive, juut with a little less power.

As for the fueling and mixtures, the general guidelines, 10-15% of fueling for water, 15-20% for 50/50, and 20-25% for 100% methanol. For hard driving, expect to use as much as jetted by the engine. So if using 100% methanol and i burn 5 gallons of fuel, then i will use 1.25 gallons of fluid.

So i need a fairly large tank, looking to be located in the area next to the battery in the boot, loosing all the gubbings thats already in there and making as much space for the tank as i possibly can!

Anyway, it means i can run a smaller pulley, make the air going in to the engine cooler and get mroe power for a cooler bang inside the engine, I told you guys i still had more in this car!

Wont start this till atleast after UD, and may take a fair bit of time to run smoothly. But definatly going to be worth it!

John

this is one legendary build!!

I'm not kidding if you sent details of your car to VW i bet even they would be impressed. while weyre on that topic send a letter to practical performance car magazine i bet they'd love to see the attention to detail that youve put in

i wish i had as big a wallet!

So today, Suspension set up time and arch rolling!

Suspension actually turned out quite well, Adding the camber shims has taken the rears to -2.6 and -2.8 degrees. And the toe is perfect at 0.27!

Front camber set to -2, Drives well and handles great. No tramlining or excessive torque steer.

Then on to the arch rolling, Fronts rolled, pulled and a really slight flare added. Same with the rears, As expected the filler form my repair on the right arch cracked, but not majorly.

Front arches had a little sting in the tail, as being aluminium they rolled really easy, but as we flared them the metal kinked on the arch slightly. Its easily repairable as its going to the body shop tomorrow anyhow, just needs the arch removing so that it can be re shaped at that point.

Anyway, they fit perfect. No scrubbing at all, 7.5j ET 7 on the front ant 8j ET 12 on the rears. On with the paint spruce up now!

Water methanol kit is bought, Awaiting delivery mid febuary! Another first on a lupo of course!

IMG_4785.jpg

IMG_4788.jpg

IMG_4789.jpg

IMG_4799.jpg

IMG_4796.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg