Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Just a little update. Working on charger cooler mk3.... This time its going to work!

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

Bit of a loom tidy up and wired in the vvt finally for mapping on monday.

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Fitted some cambridge lights, and bought some ecs 20mm and 12.5mm spacers, 20mm rubs on the rear arches atm, so running the 12.5's now and a 5 on the front. Nothing too special really

Cheers colin :shades:

Nice update tomorrow... aslong as i remember to take the camera with me.

Rolling road time, and fitting smaller pullley with the water jacket working well i hope.

Need to work on cold start too.

Excited, i am yes. Fingers crossed for a good power output.

Edited by CasperGTI

Gettign interesting it is now, but also very taxing. The mapping is no way near finished yet and its going to be a hard old day tomorrow to get it all right.

Water cooler jacket is on and working, seems to be doing a good job, charger operatin temp seems to be about 70-80 degrees when sat still, so with airflow it might drop a little more. Air inlet temps are 18-27deg including sitting at idle for a good 30 mins. So thats good, getting a stable idle is proving to be difficult as load from the fans, headlights and even the radio seem to affect the car by about 100-200rpm.

Got a fairly good map in to it, and then took it for a drive. By 80-85% throttle the injectors were at max, so have now had to go up to 4.2bar of fuel pressure, we dont know if this will be ebnough though still, and will slowly affect the fuel spray pattern. Might have to upgrade injectors to 320cc's as there is obviouslt more power to be found there, which is exciting. Wheelspin in 3rd gear is always promising!

Hopefully it will be finished tomorrow. Althought i never know with this car, likes to throw spanners in the works all the time!

Looking forward to it being savage again.

John

Yesterday was a good days mapping, really learnt alot about the car, and it really hit home in how much intake air temperatures make a difference. Yesterdays mapping was done with a 62mm pulley giving me a solid 10psi of boost from 3000-7000rpm. There is still power left int he car, i think i will have to make a 58mm and a 55mm pulley and try then out for boost pressures and intake temperatures. As a good 15-20bhp more can probably be acheived with more advance on the ignition and a few more psi of boost at the right time!

We were seing that a difference of 18 degrees in intake temps give a change of 23bhp!

Spent most of the day off the rollers, and driving about whilst mapping it on the road, Air temperature compensation really has to be precise with this engine as it seemed that an increase in 5 degrees would affect the idle a great deal.

After we finished that part of the mapping, we got on the rollers and started to play with the vvt.

Its now set to come on at 4000rpm, and when the throttle is at more than 60%. And it makes a difference, 15bhp at peak power, so it is useful!

Power..... 206bhp at the wheels! Which if you use approximate calcuators its is about 240bhp at the flywheel. But that figure is probably well off, each drivetrain has different run down figures, so it would take quite a bit of maths to get it right.

Im running out of injector duration again, so i think when i go to the smaller pulley, i will also have to go to some 320cc injectors too. Theres still more power in it, thats one thing im certain of!

Water jacket has a very small leak, its amaising how well that thing works though, all i need to do is stick some radiator leak fix in it and hopefully it will be fine.

For now, thats it.

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

Words almost fail me on what a superb build this is and your efforts, skill and guts!!! :shades:

One question - what's the VMaxScart emblem on your inside bonnet about? Did they make your pulleys? I've been thinking about theirs for a while for my M45.

Cheers,

Toby

Update is in the pipeline.....

In the process of: -

BBS RS's 8j rear, 7.5j fronts

Stubby drivers mirror

LCR Splitter

Interior vent and centre plastics flatted and painted gloss black.

To be done:

Trip to the paint shop

Little bit of trim work

In the research phase:

Water/Methanol Injection

Freon Gas charge cooler system