Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Cheers guys, nice to see that its being noticed.

At the moment with the stock 64mm pulley, and only use of 75% of the throttle as my pedal travel needs to be extended, i see about 9-10psi at 4000rpm which backs off to about 7psi at 6000, i think thats becasue of the throttle restriction and the engine using more air. When i was running the 55mm pulley i was getting 12-14psi at about 3500rpm. Which sounds great, but the charge air temperatures were about 7deg c higher. I think a 60-62mm pulley will be about equilibrium, charge pressure vs temperature.

I still have to put the water jacket on the new charger, and then heat wrap the bottom as that made a real big difference. My exhaust shield vibrates at about 5k which is really annoying so i need to sort that. And my stupid bore exhaust is hitting one of the supports over the tunnel which is also annoying. All though saying that, we retarded the ignition between 4-3k on over run and it pops and bangs beautifully, and i dont mean small pops either!

I want show, but i also have the go, but then again i enjoy thrashing the arse out of the car, afterall thats what i designed the engine to do and built it for. Its not garaged at all over the winter, and its driven in most weather conditions. So i dont think it will ever be as higher standard as a few round here.

Im very stuck on what finishing touches i need, im pretty perticular about what i want the outcome to be. I have alot of ideas, but i cant decide on them at the moment. I want to tidy the bay in some way, like adding trimmed blanking panels for shows etc, and just generally give it a good clean. then focus on a few paint issues and then personalise the interior a bit, then i might even think about calling it a day and leaving her how she is.

Its not that the bay is mega dirty, its just it shows up the smallest bit of dirt straight away which very much annoys me.

Wheels are a must.... Mark....:coffee:

And now i have just reversed in to a bush on the edge of my drive, i think i may have to bring the paint shop visit forwards!

One shot form edition that i was forwarded a few days ago:

4092588901_4c390bd05f_o.jpg

Edited by CasperGTI

That picture is ace.

haha.. Not surprised the heat shield rattles, is it just lockwired on??

Did you map it to fuel much on over run?? Did you retard it just to pop and bang?? :lol:

Love this car!

Yeah just lock wired on, thing is it didnt used to do it and now it does, so i think its moved and now rattles. Mabe ill have to secure it on a bit better.

Didnt change the fueling much to get it to pop, just retarded ignition slightly to get it to do it. Its proabbyl not doing the cat much good at all so i think i might take it back out fo the map. Its great fun messing about with it though.

John

Stopped, reverting to PM, as usual, as said John, car is looking awesome, i hope the rear is alright, the front it still niggling me with the cooler problem, just can't think of anything other than leaning the cooler back that would change it!

• 3 weeks later...

Few new things emerging for the car for next year.... Going to keep them under cover for now though, Im looking forward to trying them out over the winter though, a few of you know whats going on, but not many :shades:

More tuning planned over the next few weeks, water jacket going back on next week with slightly smaller pulley, need to sort out a few vibrations from the bay, nothing major though, i will try to break the 230bhp barrier, but im not gettign my hopes up yet!

More to come soon..

John

Well, i thoght it was time to do this.

Had this lieing about waiting to go on...

IMG_4555.jpg

And what a job, it was a right pain to fit, anyone else wanting to do one then please make sure you double of tripple the time you think it will take.

They look much like the MK5 fitment, but when fitting them you find that the boss for the wheel is actually alot deeper, meaning that when you go to tighten it up, the slip ring hits a set of screws on the column and the horn comes on all the time, or in my case when going straight.

You woudl think you could just space out the wheel a little, oh no becasue then the wheel wont sit on the shaft portion to make it go tight and it wobbles like a biach.

So i had to modify the slip ring to fit so that it did not touch the column, which took almost a lifetime lonjger than expected.

Then the slip ring needs to be attatched to the wheel. This again needs all the holes drilling out and then bolts fitting to get it right.

Then there is the lock out on the slip ring that needs a hole driling and a bracket making to hold the button depressed so it does not lock out and destroy your slip ring!

Then, there is the wiring..... god its confusing. The lupo uses the earth coming form the column as one side of the switch to earth and then the earth to the horn as the other. On the golf wheel of course there are about 4 extra cables and it does not use the common chassis earth but a congomoration of earth cables just incase one breaks! So that had to be pulled to bits and changed over and re wiring.

Then there is the airbag, completly different again, so the lupo ribon cable needs to be de soldered and attatching to the golf pluf loom, no idents on the loom or plugs just make the job even harder. I dont know if its wired up right yet myself as the seats arent wired up so i have an airbag fault anyway. But for now its safe.

IMG_4547.jpg

IMG_4549.jpg

IMG_4550.jpg

IMG_4551.jpg

IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4560.jpg

Love the feel of it. One job down..... quite a few to go!

John

• Like 1

Well, i thoght it was time to do this.

Had this lieing about waiting to go on...

And what a job, it was a right pain to fit, anyone else wanting to do one then please make sure you double of tripple the time you think it will take.

They look much like the MK5 fitment, but when fitting them you find that the boss for the wheel is actually alot deeper, meaning that when you go to tighten it up, the slip ring hits a set of screws on the column and the horn comes on all the time, or in my case when going straight.

You woudl think you could just space out the wheel a little, oh no becasue then the wheel wont sit on the shaft portion to make it go tight and it wobbles like a biach.

So i had to modify the slip ring to fit so that it did not touch the column, which took almost a lifetime lonjger than expected.

Then the slip ring needs to be attatched to the wheel. This again needs all the holes drilling out and then bolts fitting to get it right.

Then there is the lock out on the slip ring that needs a hole driling and a bracket making to hold the button depressed so it does not lock out and destroy your slip ring!

Then, there is the wiring..... god its confusing. The lupo uses the earth coming form the column as one side of the switch to earth and then the earth to the horn as the other. On the golf wheel of course there are about 4 extra cables and it does not use the common chassis earth but a congomoration of earth cables just incase one breaks! So that had to be pulled to bits and changed over and re wiring.

Then there is the airbag, completly different again, so the lupo ribon cable needs to be de soldered and attatching to the golf pluf loom, no idents on the loom or plugs just make the job even harder. I dont know if its wired up right yet myself as the seats arent wired up so i have an airbag fault anyway. But for now its safe.

What? Really??

Did you file the heads on the bolts sticking out? I had to file the peg in the self cancelling mechanism also, as that didn't work.

I'll be sending the bill tonight.

:coffee:

lol.

I like it. Just needs a Mk6 gearknob to match. :)

What? Really??

Did you file the heads on the bolts sticking out? I had to file the peg in the self cancelling mechanism also, as that didn't work.

I'll be sending the bill tonight.

:coffee:

lol.

I like it. Just needs a Mk6 gearknob to match. :)

Yeah filed them back then put a smear of silicone over them and then put anti fretting tape on the heads, then a smear of grease.

My self canceling mech seemed to work, when you say the peg i take it you mean the white bit of plastic inside the column? I cant see why it wouldnt work unless you didnt get the slip ring lined up square as its the black bit of plastic on the slip ring itself that comes back past the white peg to cancel it.

Or thats how i looked at it anyway.

Clairey - Its form a mk6 GTi or a scirocco

Edited by CasperGTI