Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Nearly there fella, looking fab. Love it when projects get to this stage.

Savage 3.5 sitting in the background, got an X 4.6 myself - gotta love the nitro :D

What are you doing for fuelling, have prob read it somewhere and can't remember.

Nearly there fella, looking fab. Love it when projects get to this stage.

Savage 3.5 sitting in the background, got an X 4.6 myself - gotta love the nitro :D

What are you doing for fuelling, have prob read it somewhere and can't remember.

Haha the savage is my dads, he wishes he got a 4.6 now, the 3.5 is good fun and only just pulls wheelies but it just lacks that stupid power.

Fueling, i have a 6bar fuel pressure regualtor, will probably only run between 4-5 bar though, any higher and it think ill start to see leak by on the injectors. We were talking yesterday about the injectors, and i think were going to change the injection type as it goes up the rev range, i think from about 3000rpm it will change from or to sequential injection (brain is playing up). Even though that will play with the emissions quite a bit, MOT's arent done at 3000rpm! We are going to play with the vvt aswell to see what we can get by switching it on or off earlier through the rev range. This will take a bit more load off the injectors. If that dosent work then i have a set of 320cc injectors that i can get hold of.

John

Ok well i was too tired to update last night, you will realise when you scroll down.

Belt routing sorted, used an 1835 belt and have to adjust the second tensioner accordingly, get a good wrap and its nice and tight, used another bit of 1/4inch T6 aluminium, very strong stuff!

P1030178.jpg

P1030180.jpg

Had to modify the charger again as it hits the manifold, so after a bit of fettling theres now a small enough gap for me to get heat sheild and exhaust wrap in there, its still very tight though.

P1030172.jpg

P1030176.jpg

Put the clutch on, and gearbox, and all ancillaries.

P1030186-1.jpg

P1030187-1.jpg

P1030188-1.jpg

P1030206.jpg

And shazam. Its in the car, Still a long way to go though.

P1030208.jpg

P1030210.jpg

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Exciting times!

How long till the fire up?

In theory i could turn it over now as ive just finished the loom and some fluids... But im not going to rush it, its going for the exhaust on friday, so i hope to start it on the std ecu for leak checking on sat/sunday.

Still got to fit all the fuel pipes, regualtor and make a few brackets. Just about to hack out some more air conditioing pipes so i can go get a few made up. Ill do a few pipes now, then wait for the front end to be back on to finish getting the rest made.

John

Thanks alot for all the comments, it really means alot.

Today, spent most of it under the car doing driveshafts and pumbing in the power steering, gear linkages and replaced my front discs for some new ones. Thought id stick up a few photos of it in the daylight. Im really happy with it, cant take the grin off my face when looking at it.

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

Added this little beauty in to the engine bay, all plumbed in and ready for the start, looks pretty trick :shades:

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

Tomorrow im going to relax.... and put the front back on, re route the battery box thing and fuse box, mark out for cutting a bit of the chassis away for the boost pipe, tidy up a few rusted parts and work out where the hell im going to put my dump valve! easy day!

John

Aw man! You're so Euro you've smoothed your manifold ports! Not sure the blue goes with your colour scheme, but nice one for thinking outside the box!

Can't wait to see it back together. :D