Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Woohoo an update!

New toy, FSE motorsport 1:1 fuel pressure regulator, good for 6 bar of fuel pressure as opposed to the lupos 3 bar.

Head is finished, but i havent collected it yet. Hopefully at the weekend.

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

John

John, all i can say is AMAZING! I doft my hat to you!

This may have been discussed on the pages previous to this one, and if so i only apologise, but why a Works S/C and not a Rotrex?

What CC injectors are you using?

John, all i can say is AMAZING! I doft my hat to you!

This may have been discussed on the pages previous to this one, and if so i only apologise, but why a Works S/C and not a Rotrex?

What CC injectors are you using?

I chose the works over the rotrex purely because of cost. A works charger can be picked up for as little as £200 where a rotrex kit can be as much as £1200-1500. I had to draw the line somewhere!

As for injectors, I will use the standard ones to start which are 280cc, with more fuel pressure to see if it can give enough fueling without killing them. If i need to then ill upgrade them to 316cc+ as i can get a set of them fairly cheaply.

John

Juicy updtye finally!

Spent some time lapping the valves and installing everything after it being ported, gasflowed and titivated. Optimised for a supercharger conversion, and pressure tested on the banch, aparentl hes "happy" with how it turned out.

Anyway heres some pics:

P1030061.jpg

P1030068.jpg

P1030062.jpg

P1030070.jpg

P1030067.jpg

P1030069.jpg

So then started to put it together to see how its going to look. The head definatly needs to go black.

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

Now this will interest anyone wanting to know about fitting a raceland manifold. This is where it hits the sump, and your need really to get it cut and re welded, or heated and bent. Mine holds off by quite a bit, taking it to the workshop this week to have a go at bending it to shape:

P1030074.jpg

P1030078.jpg

P1030079.jpg

Pistons and rods here at end of week i hope, Rebuild is finally in sight!

John

John what's the hole in the side of the manifold on cylinder 4, is it for an egr valve? My raceland had this though i got the workshop to cut this off and plug the hole as my original manifold didn't have this feature. Always wondered, probably should hacve just put a blanking plate over it wtbh.

Certainly coming together now. Looking really smart.

Yeah thats what its for. Mines going to be cut off too and then wrapped, the raceland's got alot of work to be done on it to get it to fit propperly, bit it will.

It needs more black on it, Too bright atm i think. black head should split it up nicely.

Starting to look like something now

John

This is going to be one amazing GTi, maybe if I start saving now, ill have enough for when you get bored of it! ;)

I like the red head though, think it'll look great in a black bay,

Its chevrolet orange, but thanks for the comments, means alot.

In all fairness, i will probably hit a tree before i sell it, lets face it, ill put my foot down and just go in the direction that the car wants to go, not the way i want to go.

John

Ok well my pistons and rods have finally arrived, after everything id like to thank performance unlimited for being so helpful in getting the cock ups sorted out.

First impressions of the rods is wow!, The main being the thickness in the con rods shaft, i can see that they were concened now in the strength of the original shaft. Hence why the shaft is now twice the thickness! As you might be able to see, i now have no through rod oiling. Carrillio decided that its nto necessary and have machined two oiling channels in to the underside of the rod to oil the piston pin. The bottom end bolts are CARR 5/16 bolts, extra strength all round. These rods weigh in 165 grams lighter than the originals.

The pistons, yes completly different to the original forged and oem pistons, They are a completyl different type of pistons and forging type, A slipper piston using an 976M forging. Extreemly strong! The pitson pin is smaller in length and has a different oiling channel too. again from comparrison, you can see the height of the pistons is alot smaller, the skirts are alot smaller and all together alot lighter, Tankign to weight of them down to 222 grams, alot less than standard!

This will give me a much more free revving engine, combined with the lighened flywheel and balancing it will make it alot of fun, hope i dont have a belt slipping probelm when accelerating now!

Anyway, pics do it justice, so here they are. Off tomorrow for balancing, back next week for the start of the rebuild! - It could make spring fest, but not run in, debut at april NR i would think.

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

John, the attention to detail in this is simply stunning and it's refreshing to know that you're a really grounded bloke too. I love it, i want it and i might steal it :lol:

Good chatting last night m8, see what you mean about the difference in thicknes with the rods. Hopefuly she's going to be getting the figures your hoping for, can't see why not especialy running 18psi. :o