Where to find...

robster

jetex do it for £20 ish i think! you have to buy 2 though! :/ i have them and there is a difference in the response! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Cool - worth a go then!

Thanks mate.

cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

You can get K&N panel filters off ebay for about £30. I hear panel filters don't really aid performance, all they do is sound different and let more crap into the engine, shortening engine life?! Anyone know different?

I have been told that they will improve the throttle response but not overall performance. Also I have found that they do change the note of the engine a little.

I have been wrong before and will be again! rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

mmm they effect the throtle response a tad, and do sound a little better! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

My point is though, does it affect the lifespan of the engine? Surely it's not worth getting a panel filter for a minor improvement in throttle response and a slightly nicer sound IF there is damage to the engine? (That is IF what I have said previously is true, that panel filters let more crap into the engine(???)). Would you not be better going for a full induction kit that will give better performance gains than a panel filter, sound better and be better for the engine in the long run? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

most cars have panel filters. i think you mean cotton and oil gauze or foam type panel filters instead of paper type filters that come as standard. some may filter better than standard some worse. but they will never be a cause for an engine fault/damage to occur during the cars lifetime. "induction kit" or panel has no real difference as which filters better or worse.

generally performance panel filters will increase your bhp, there are a few exceptions though, but rare.

Most induction kits suck in warm air from under the bonnet and so can cause power loss, this is why some people think an improved panel filter is the way forward wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />. However id be suprised if a kit such as a bmc with a good cold air did this, so i think its alot more about the noise. coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

cant see them reducing engine life massively, they may let a little more dust through than a standard paper filter but as long as your not doing the baja rally or anything where theres shed loads of dust, it wont reallt make much difference. just need t make sure you keep them clean and oiled if needed to retain the dust particles within the filter. people often dont oil their filters which means theyl let more dust through. the oil is designed to aid filteration by trapping the particles.

Well anywho, I can't seem to find any filters for less than 42 squids!

I'm not after the full induction kit (Although I lived the one I had on my MR2) because I don't want to cause any warranty problems, I know a panel filter should be less of an issue.

Anyone got a link to the Jetex filter? It's for the 1.4 eng, seems to be an odd shape!

Rob

Clicky

£35 K&N panel filter. Any reason why you want a Jetex one? I don't think you'll find them much cheaper than £35-£40.

Thanks for that,

Sounds like that is the lowest price - i'm always just after a bargin that's all wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Tell me about it.. I'm a student!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />