pics of my modified fox - Updated

BIGT1987

PICS UPDATED

STA70325.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70530.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70529.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70528.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70526.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70521.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70520.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70517.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70512.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70510.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70508.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70507.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

comments good and bad please

Antony

Edited by BIGT1987

Quite likin' the Fox from this angle...

STA70325.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Arches still look to be carrying a fair bit of space (not that I'm one to talk!), but the Fox does seem very high to start with.

Ray

Nice nice! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

How's the ride on the lowered springs?

Rob

it's not as bad as i thought there koni sports springs from awesome-gti think there were about £120, there quite stiff and gives the car a good feel. i thought the car had a little bit of roll before i got them if i was going round corners a little bit quickly but now it's been taken down 35mm it's fine

and it just looks like a normal car now laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> so i really want to get a set of kw variant 2 coilovers which will take me to a maximum of 70mm i think depends what my wheels will allow me to drop it without arch modification biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Antony

Like the work you've done especially as its a fox, as you have gone against the majority on here, bought one and modified it. Keep up the good work any future plans? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Like the work you've done especially as its a fox, as you have gone against the majority on here, bought one and modified it. Keep up the good work any future plans? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

i have a long term future plan of making it show worthy one of the first VW fox show cars to really show the cars potential, and having at as a second car, i'm gonna get eventually...

new set of rims - euro stylie something along the lines of 15" ronal turbo

KW varient II coilovers and lowering it to the max smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

remove rub strips, boot relese and rear badge, maybe door handles and customize some DTM mirrors to fit some how

abt spoiler

then it would be a dream if i could afford...

tt/s3 dash and seats in front, remove rear seats strip all excess weight, roll cage maybe wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

and i've found a company close by to me JBS autodesigns that would attempt a 1.8 20vt conversion

We can carry out this conversion for you and we can supply all the parts that are needed.

To give you an idea on cost the 1.8 20VT conversions start at £8000+VAT

The spec of the engine and BHP levels can be discussed and upped at extra cost.

This is for a full drive-in drive-out conversion using a low mileage late engine with the clocks, ECU and key.

The brakes would be upgraded to a spec capable of stopping the car at the power level chosen; we can do a Brembo kit at extra cost.

We would need to discuss with you what suspension upgrade you would want (springs and dampers, Coilovers etc) and price these up accordingly.

As for the exhaust system we would be looking at building a full custom system to compliment the engine conversion.

A full custom front mount intercooler will be installed.

With all our conversions the engine will be fitted all place then removed to paint the engine bay in you choice of colour for a perfect finish.

then it would be a case of tuning the engine only and i have spoke to them about this, for a futher 11grand they would take it up to 450bhp boring it out to a 1.9

but all the second half is just a dream at the moment lol and you guessed it...i dream big lol

Edited by BIGT1987

• 1 month later...
Looks good from the side but what's going on with the badge at the back?

i fitted a black one but some little bug.ger nicked it on trafford centre carpark mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> lol

gonna get a new one asap (or when i can be bothered lol)

so for now just removed all the glue and sticky pad n polished it up lol

Edited by BIGT1987

Looking nice.

Gotta say I wasnt too keen on the fox's when they first came out

They're growing on me though.

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Looks fantastic in black with them wheels, when its lowered that will look awsome, good work so far thumbup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" />

live in stalybridge mate sure i've seen that lupo in the ashton area??

where you from?

from ashton lol.

yeh im sure i spotted ya not long ago passin the tesco in the bridge.