Lupo Sport Blog - Last Update - 26/11/2012

heartagram

Wow,

What a week. Turned out the handful of jobs was pretty damn long. A lot of long nights saw the car ready for an MOT Saturday morning. Straight from MOT to Post Office for road tax. Picked up the wife from the flat. Blast down to Hartlepool to meet Philplop to borrow a handful of bits. Then Ultimate Dubs.

Didn't really take any pics. Was more or less counting on some photographer type folk to take some pics. So if you have any please post :)

Its still not to where I want it to be. But its not far off. Really enjoyed the drive down. Been a good few years since I drove it and its had a lot of work done to it.

I'll do a full run down of everything thats been done at some point..

Edited by heartagram

Until some pics appear the ones i took on my phone will have to do!

WP_000061.jpg

WP_000064.jpg

WP_000068.jpg

The idea was to have an understated OEM+ Lupo Sport. So this is how we attempted to do it...

Engine/Running gear:

The engine is a 6 Speed Lupo GTI motor all cleaned and painted. Lupo GTI subframe all blasted and painted. All the joints/bearings/bushes were replaced on the front end so it was all brand new. All using genuine Volkswagen parts. All bolts were replaced for new ones as well. The pedal box out of the GTI was install so that it now has a hydraulic clutch. Steering column was put in out of the GTI as well as all the lock set. The selector was taken from the GTI and install as well. The front brakes are 280mm G60 items. The rears are just standard Sport discs and pads. All refurbished and painted. Exhaust is a custom made 4 branch manifold with a stainless system all the way back. Has a sports cat and the standard GTI tail pipes welded to it. Coilovers are KW V1 Inox Stainless items. All new bushes added to them. The battery has been moved out of the engine bay to the boot in true GTI fashion with the factory GTI battery box in the back with all the correct GTI wiring. Replaced all the bottles as well as they looked a bit manky.

Wheels/tyres: Wheels are standard spec BBS RM 15x6.5 ET33, metallic silver centres, polished bolts and lips. Gold/Black BBS logos. Tyres are Bridgestone Potenza 165/50/15.

Interior:

With it running the full GTI interior loom it means I get remote central locking, GTI key and also get the full factory GTI alarm system. Also over a Sport I get rear speakers as I have the correct wiring for it and the correct factory speakers. As well as have a full GTI black headlining with all the black trimmings to go with it. Lower GTI door cards with the black rings, upper GTI door handles with the black chrome handles. GTI clocks and binical. Gamma headunit with VW iPod head unit. I already had the black plastics so they weren't replaced (some where as they were a bit scratched. The seats are Fiesta RS Turbo seats covered in Porsche Wildberry leather. Steering wheel is the standard Sport leather wheel. Also the black C-pillars trimmed to suit pop out rear windows.

Exterior:

Front end is a 3L set up with the bottom half textured black and the tops colour coded. Colour coded grille. GTI bonnet, 3L wings and the sill extensions so that the 3L wings can be fitted. GTI headlights. GTI doors with all the correct trimmings. Pop out rear windows. Brand new standard Sport rear bumper. Pop our rear windows and a MK6 Golf handle in the tailgate. GTI aero wipers. Brand new glass in the front and back. Even things like the grille badge was replaced with a new one just to keep it all looking nice and fresh.

As it stands I am happy with the car. There are a few things that need attention that I just did not have time for. But its 95% there. Probably a load of stuff that I've missed out. I need to whore someone in to taking some good shots for me though.

In three words

Simple, subtle and clever

Only one of those I would use to describe Kam though

Hint, it's the first one

Just so no rapey. Gav has had nothing to do with it.

It does now, plastic welding fun.

Long nights is an understatement.

I'd say early mornings. . . . . .

I'm still getting in trouble for getting home at 5am...

Tailgate is still a work in progress. Using the traditional string on the latch method for the time being. Thats one of my niggles. I haven't got headlamp washers. Worse come to worse can always make some standard headlights work with the GTI loom for MOT time then swap them back over. Xenons are amazing though, such a nice crisp white light.

You did get your plastic rape on Gav.