Replacing pads myself...

Anyone know the proceedure?

I'm looking the way of `Joe-Man3` or Rudy for this wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Talking to my dad who only really has experience of working on older cars when he used to do it himself, said it should be easy, but he doesn't know if its till the same procedure?

Do I need any special tools, or any kind of grease/lubricant is required??

Cheers all...

when i did it on my mini it was dead easy! i would think the fittings are still pretty similar - coz the design hasn't changed that much matt. anyway - all i needed were a couple of screwdrivers, a small hammer, and a pair of pliers. there's a couple of split pins holding a spring plate in place at the front of the caliper. take the split pins out, watch coz (as in the name!) the spring plate will probs pop out at you. then use the screwdrivers to push the pots of the caliper back in to release the old pads. pull em out, pop the new 'uns in (you may need to force the pots back into the calipers again) then put the spring plate and split pins back in. now then ive remembered that from 11 (gulp!) years `ago-but` i think it's about right! have a shufty in a haynes manual for a polo - will give you an idea. good luck with it mate! :thumbs:

I've done a fair few sets of pads in the past.

Take the cap off the brake fluid reservoir and wrap a cloth round it to catch any overflow before you start or you may find it difficult to prise the pads away from the disc tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />