ECU Problems - Loop wouldn't start

I left my SDi on a mate's driveway for 2 weeks whilst on hols & when I flew back I turned the key and it wouldn't start. Turned over fine and made the right noises but wouldn't fire up. Waited for the AA & with a lot of fiddling & taking the dash & steering column apart he took out part of the ECU, put it back in a few times & it started fine. Says that this is a common problem with diesel Lupos? Anyone else heard of this?

QUOTE(b.calvert)
Says that this is a common problem with diesel Lupos? Anyone else heard of this?

My loop's a diesel but I've had no probs regarding `start-up` troubles or anything remotely similar ???

Only probs I've had are annoying niggly things like clonking door hinges (don't mention that coz my passenger door is now doing the same...), an oil leak, a rear wheel which was jammed on, a crap heater switch...(still not fixed) and condensation in my indicator..... apart from that my loop is grand biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Any ECU probs with mine and my loop will be making friends with the other VW's on the VW forecourt when I trade it in tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />p Would I.... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hey Linsey,

I've got the clonking door hinge problem - and even worse sometimes the driver's door clonks open then closes by itself - those doors are sooo heavy! I had condensation in my headlamp rather than indicator but took the bulb out & dried the reflector area out with a hairdrier and it's been fine since. No oil leaks or dodgy heater switches; I seem lucky there! Brakes are crap though, I've never seen any so bad - taken them to 2 VW dealers and an independent and they all say that they're in fine condition and that there's nothing wrong. Borrowed my mum's new Polo TDi with ABS, tapped the brakes as I came out of the driveway and almost went through the windscreen!! I wish I'd paid extra for ABS on mine now... Wish I had the TDi like yours too!!

Brian

Hey Linsey,

I've got the clonking door hinge problem - and even worse sometimes the driver's door clonks open then closes by itself - those doors are sooo heavy! I had condensation in my headlamp rather than indicator but took the bulb out & dried the reflector area out with a hairdrier and it's been fine since. No oil leaks or dodgy heater switches; I seem lucky there! Brakes are crap though, I've never seen any so bad - taken them to 2 VW dealers and an independent and they all say that they're in fine condition and that there's nothing wrong. Borrowed my mum's new Polo TDi with ABS, tapped the brakes as I came out of the driveway and almost went through the windscreen!! I wish I'd paid extra for ABS on mine now... Wish I had the TDi like yours too!!

Brian