Service Indicator

I have had my Lupo GTI since last june. The Sticker on the window says that the next service is due @ 10,000 miles or in june. I have done 5700 miles and the service indicator on the dash has come on, which seems a bit early to me. The dealer could not help, they just said leave it till june. Anyone else had this problem?

AFAIK the indicator looks at distance covered first, but in those cases where annual mileage is less than recommended service distance the indicator works on days since it was reset?

In my case I do about 8000 a year, but the indicator came on when I'd had the car for 10 months or so, and I had only covered about 6000 miles. This happened on both the Lupos I've owned.

He's two months from his service, and I think his indicator is working on a time basis rather than distance driven.

Of course I may be wrong..........

i think you can reset it your self. my car service indicator came on after my service and rob an audi mech was saying you can use the buttons on the dash to reset it. as for some reason a little spanner pisses me off!

• 4 weeks later...

yeh i've had to do this aswell - i think you hold the button in with the ignition off for 5 secs, then turn the ignition on (still holding button in) for another 5 secs and it resets...........summat like that anyway - but elliotts right it's in the manual anyway! :thumbs: