battery light

mammashuk

hi

me lupo 1.4s recently developed this fault. Driving along and randomly the battery warning light comes on, once i was trying to turn, but as this happenened the power steering pump mustve stopped too, it was hard work turning the wheel, came to stand still, then had to restart the engine and fine..??! Happened 3 times now.. worried esp if happen when i'm on busy A road.. so far it usually when i press the clutch down when coming to standstill or turning going into lower gear..?? maybe battery on last legs..?

hoping someone may shed some light on this.. cheers in advance

hi

me lupo 1.4s recently developed this fault. Driving along and randomly the battery warning light comes on, once i was trying to turn, but as this happenened the power steering pump mustve stopped too, it was hard work turning the wheel, came to stand still, then had to restart the engine and fine..??! Happened 3 times now.. worried esp if happen when i'm on busy A road.. so far it usually when i press the clutch down when coming to standstill or turning going into lower gear..?? maybe battery on last legs..?

hoping someone may shed some light on this.. cheers in advance

the alternantor and PAS pump are on the same drive belt, check the belt to A, see if its still there! or B, see if its tight. it could be slightly slack which is allowing the alernator and pump to slip under load.

the alternantor and PAS pump are on the same drive belt, check the belt to A, see if its still there! or B, see if its tight. it could be slightly slack which is allowing the alernator and pump to slip under load.

OK thnx 4 that.. although not sure what to look for but i can get someone at garage to have a look. if its slack will it need replacing?

hopefully might not be a too major issue.

• 13 years later...