SAXO KILLER...

crash

you would beat a vtr 90 bhp 1 but u would just beat a 98 bhp but not a vts no way i use to own a saxo vtr and i almost came close to beating a lupo gti and he said he was pushing it all the way pluss the vts is much lighter and would easy beat a lupo gti maybe you were racing a granny rofl

wot a load of bollux

wot a load of bollux

vdubgti....i couldn't agree more with that^!hahaha!

cheers leddy!just wish i could afford to get both of them on the road!

well i can beat anything on the fly in my swift all 68bhp of the old girl i had an enzo only last week the guy didnt have a chance

the vts is 0.4 of a sec faster 0-60 and has the same top speed!!!!!! so it depends on the driver 0.4 and alot you can lose that on a gear change !!!!!

so no the vts ant no lupo killer !!!!

http://parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Data.aspx?model=1036 the lupos spec's

http://parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Data.aspx?model=127 the saxos spec's

the vts is 0.4 of a sec faster 0-60 and has the same top speed!!!!!! so it depends on the driver 0.4 and alot you can lose that on a gear change !!!!!

so no the vts ant no lupo killer !!!!

http://parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Data.aspx?model=1036 the lupos spec's

http://parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Data.aspx?model=127 the saxos spec's

cheers tigger lad!

• 3 weeks later...

still the lupo is not a saxo killer looopy the gti and the vts are pretty eqaul my bro had a gti then he got a vts he sed he would rather have a vts anyday but thats him lol i have to say though the vts is quicker than the gti from experience pluss he could get 138mph out off the lupo and off the clock at 140 in the vts i no there int much diffrence and the saxo showing 140 is probs 120 lol but thats what it sed

personal oppinion here id bet on the VTs i had the treat lately of having a proper test drive of a lupo gti and yeah there good but a vts feels so much more lively and so much more involving on the power

a vtr no matter how you dress it up will get raped by a gti i have driven two one of which is now owned by a mate and even with mods its no match for a GTi imo but the Vts with equal drivers would beat a lupo gti i have been in one with a mate driving it quite tame and it feels so much quicker, has good steering feel which the lupo doesnt and is an involving drive

BUT...id have a lupo gti anyday theres one thing that test drive showed me and its something i have talked about with Penry on here before, theres something about the gti the whole solid feel, the brilliant ride quality (couldnbt believe how smooth) the smooth power, the sound, the feel inside and especially the looks

its all personal choice though, a gti is the package, a vts is the power and handling for a silly bargain price depends what matters most

wayne

The Saxo has to be the better driver’s car; Lupos roll a little too much. But the Saxo looks tired and dated and only has 2 stars, compared to the Lupos 4 stars. On balance the Lupo is the better car, given the Saxos minimal performance advantage.

Saxo vts vs Lupo gti

Its the 1 night stand vs girlfriend analogy.

Saxo is good for a good rag, but once you take the goggles off and look at the wider picture it’s a cheap minger.

Where as the Lupo requires a bit more effort and cost, but is a lot more civilised and can perform when necessary wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> . Comes with good pedigree!

Fuel on the fire:

Hope the link works, found this and felt a little deflated! Hope theres an excuse!

Plus the VTS looks stripped out to make it lighter? Thats my excuse.....

Any one seen this before?

Fuel on the fire:

Hope the link works, found this and felt a little deflated! Hope theres an excuse!

Plus the VTS looks stripped out to make it lighter? Thats my excuse.....

Any one seen this before?

haha, that vid is a load of balls! if thats a gti then the driver is shi*te!!!!plus he got the worst start ever!surely theres better vids than that!???the hunt is on!....

Gav that is sure one different way of looking at it roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

the gti is the better car as i said but lets compare prices, 03 plate saxo vts, 28k miles, diablo red (arguably the best colour), graphite wheels, lowered 40mm all work done by reputable garage same place that did all the servicing after the dealer 3 years got offered it for £2600 now what gti can i get for that money? now hopefully half of you will realise why most have the saxo

it handles better than the lupo

goes better than the lupo

has steering feel which the lupo doesnt

and can be got for half the price............

wayne

Saxo vts vs Lupo gti

Its the 1 night stand vs girlfriend analogy.

Saxo is good for a good rag, but once you take the goggles off and look at the wider picture it’s a cheap minger.

Where as the Lupo requires a bit more effort and cost, but is a lot more civilised and can perform when necessary wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> . Comes with good pedigree!

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

That is possibly the best statement on the VTS vs GTI topic I've seen in 3 years of membership laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Hahaha, fantastic! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

if any1 ever sees me in a saxo shoot me!!!

and that saxo did look stripped out.

now that is the attitude i like to hear!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

What GTi could you get for double that money wayne?? £5200 wouldnt get you much really, apart from an early car. coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

Like we said, ive driven both VTS and obviously a GTi. The VTS is just mad, it is quicker at the top end because my mate who had it was off the clock at indicated 140. It does feel quicker too, but the build quality is crap, the interior is velour, pedal box feels like you're controlling the car from the passenger side, i could go on for ages. I do quite like the looks of the VTS, a 30mm drop and the VTS wheels make it look a cool car. But they are so common, and id much rather drive a GTi any day just for the whole package of build and comfort. Thats my 2p's worth anyway laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Sorry - question - , those who prefer the Saxo, should you not hop onto a Saxo forum!!?? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

I was starting to think i was in the wrong place.

French or German?? - I'd have my GTI over anything French anyday.

And surely if you start to go slightly fast in a saxo the panels start to sound scarily like they are about to fly off!!?? sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Edited by dizzy

lets put it this way, i often go to the stockport cruise (im actually goin there in half hours time) and there are dozens of vtrs/vts's nobody really cares there just another car on the road to me. but the looks i get in my gti give me so much satisfcation.

who cares really if the vts is a little bit quicker! at the end of the day id sooner have a rare car which looks fkin awesum, than have a fkin chav mobeal which ever W@nker has.

What GTi could you get for double that money wayne?? £5200 wouldnt get you much really, apart from an early car. coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

exactly penry your talking 5k and for that youll get a 2001 on 65k odd miles, alright condition in base spec

French or German?? - I'd have my GTI over anything French anyday.

And surely if you start to go slightly fast in a saxo the panels start to sound scarily like they are about to fly off!!?? sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

to be fair the german cars arent as good as you or others would make out and the french cars arent as bad as made out as Tigz's post in general section prooves, he has i think 2 frencyh cars and 2 german volkswagens, both the french ones run and have been pretty trouble free and both the vws have been trouble from the start and are both off the road rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Ill say it again as i seem to have started the whole argument off again

The gti is the better car but your paying a high price for it and other cars are quicker such as the vts so the topic title could be classed as a lie coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

wayne