How to modify my key

FLO7LXJ

Hi can anyone tell me wether i can get a flip blade key to work in a fox the car comes with a standard remote looking key but i would like a flip key can it be done

thanks confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Edited by FLO7LXJ

tricky, but possible! and definately worth it shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Use the search facility, im pretty sure a few members have done the conversion.

Edited by matt a

Did my GTI and simply took the imobiliser chip out of my old keys and put them in the flip remote.........no recoding required this way

Trained the new remote to the car......5 min procedure....need door lock cyclinder if you have delocked your car.

Got new blades cut and fitted

Works and been working fine and you can have a max of four remotes to a car so have my original two and both flip keys.

Did my GTI and simply took the imobiliser chip out of my old keys and put them in the flip remote.........no recoding required this way

Trained the new remote to the car......5 min procedure....need door lock cyclinder if you have delocked your car.

Works and been working fine and you can have a max of four remotes to a car so have my original two and both flip keys.

Did the same as Mike and its been working ever since.

nice thanks i hove rung a few people from the pages of the yellow veriaty but they say it is too new to do anything with them at the moment and that vdub has the only equipment to coad the keys for your imobiliser

on thing i did notice in the manual for the fox it tells you how to syncronise the keys i thing this is a good a time saving thing

O ye the fox has lots of other bits you don't know about until you get one like you can raise and lower the windows using the key in the drivers door and the sterio that gets lowder as you accelorate and the fact that when you pull the back seats forward all the way you can fit a full sized trolly golf bag and clubs in the boot (i don't see may other city cars dooing that) .

thats what i tried to do but which ever key i coded to the car, thats the only one that worked, the other wouldnt work at all sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> do all your buttons work then?? my bf just took mine to dealers and now i have 3 keys that all work fine

at my dealer recoding is £23.50 inc vat.

can be done while you wait.

can only be done at a dlr though.

Its the remote and key that are expensive.

Im looking into doing it on my GTI though. just gotta weigh up if its really worth it.

Good luck.

thats what i tried to do but which ever key i coded to the car, thats the only one that worked, the other wouldnt work at all sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> do all your buttons work then?? my bf just took mine to dealers and now i have 3 keys that all work fine

You have to press a button a number of times to record the code in one of the four slots

at my dealer recoding is £23.50 inc vat.

can be done while you wait.

can only be done at a dlr though.

Its the remote and key that are expensive.

Im looking into doing it on my GTI though. just gotta weigh up if its really worth it.

Good luck.

yup it is worth it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You have to press a button a number of times to record the code in one of the four slots

ok confused!!! wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> lol never mind they all work now smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

are these the golf ones that you use to operate the lupo?? 2 or 3 button? also if its 3 button does the boot 1 work? i think this is a great mod!! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 4 weeks later...