3 seater rear seats

lupo_gaz

does onyone have the 3 rear seats in the back of there lupo. i'm trying to wok out where the seatbelts attach to and wondered it anyone had a set that they could take a picture of.

hope someone can help.

big chris used to have a 3 seat rear bench. its quite a rare option as far as i know. i'll have a look on etka, tho can't post any pics up at work

im sure i read that they push out the side pockets in the back to make more space in the 3 seat lupos. dunno if thats true though. i saw one when i was looking for my lupo that just have a 3rd seatbelt in the middle, was aftermarket, as it was different from the other two.

why try to fit a 3rd in the back? i think its a very good idea that vw put 2 full seats in the back makes it better for the passangers

Edited by 2001gti

hey i'm not sitting in the back lol. only joking. i never have 1 in the back to i'll not have 3 i just wondered if anyone else had them or had a pic.

i'm pretty sure when i saw Chris's, the cubby holes were still there, and the rear bench was one-piece rather than a 50-50 split

i'm pretty sure when i saw Chris's, the cubby holes were still there, and the rear bench was one-piece rather than a 50-50 split

yeah the rear is all one seat rather than the split but just checking on the fitting and that before i tried to do it.

There's a geezer on E38 who has two GTIs, a silver one and a blue one. The bonnet of the silver one has been smoothed, it's debadged at the rear and it was running G60 steels at one point. I think this car has a three seater rear bench.

Edited by Swoxy

the main reason they didnt bother with a 3rd seat in most lupos in the uk was because of the insurance

if there is a 3rd seat there is the potentual for more people to be killed... thus more for the insurance to pay out

bumping it up into a higher insurance grouping

that is one of the main reasons the equivalent spec polo to my lupo sport is in a higher insurance bracket

Edited by Unheard

the main reason they didnt bother with a 3rd seat in most lupos in the uk was because of the insurance

if there is a 3rd seat there is the potentual for more people to be killed... thus more for the insurance to pay out

bumping it up into a higher insurance grouping

that is one of the main reasons the equivalent spec polo to my lupo sport is in a higher insurance bracket

No, that's not quite correct - the 3 seat rear bench was an option in all countries, never standard. Although it might have a bearing on insurance, I'm pretty sure that's not the reason the lupo was designed with two seats in the rear wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

The cost for the option was £55 in the UK.

As practical as that is that middle headrest would really p**s me off.

Even with two they still pi$$ me off, that's why i've taken mine out!

Don't reckon i'd like to inflict the pain that would be putting three people in the back of the loop.

theres got to be someone on here with a pic of a lupo with the 3rear seats in. lol

Morning, my Lupo has the three seat bench, and I work in Wakefield to boot!