Lurchy Lupo - morning starts

anybody else's loopy turn lurchy in a morning?? when i start mine up and set off in first it sometimes does nothing and then lurches forward (only does it until i get to the bottom of the road and then it's fine) wondering whether it's coz of that crappy electronic throttle (at least i think someone's mentioned it has an electronic throttle in the past??) ???

ai george i'm afraid it is - i don't think it's anything serious and it's probably a waste of time telling the dealer coz they never believe you when you tell them of such things anyway....oh well, cheers for the feedback george wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

i think u might be onto something there gordon- putting 2 and 2 together i think my loop probably started doin it then too - havin said that i'll still use optimax for the other benefits wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Had the same problem on my old golf Mk2 . Car would simply stall at beginning unless I reved it, then it came to moving the thing. Auto choke is the problem. Its a type of wax/ plastic that expands as the engoine heats up, changing the amount of fuel put in. I think.

VW dealers were useless in sorting it out.

mine seems fine however may be when the weather changes it will happen. my old metro would always start in really cold weather then five minutes later the throttle would die and it would just cut out. hope this dosnt happen to loopy in a few years time. may be i will take it on holiday for the winter biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> alvaro any room in your garage? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />