Does any1 know where i can get these tail lights??

female_london

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ran an extra wire thru, the only draw back to them is that they do not have a built in reflector as the original lamps. You are supplied in the kit two smaller housings in black that you fit by drilling the lower part of your bumper and then fitting the reflector/lens which has a self adhesive backing, this to comply with the Road traffic act here in the UK. If your bumpers are already coloured would suggest getting these sprayed at the same time, mine are black on the lower half so I was ok with that.

Sorry in advance about this but I was forced to find it out......(thanks for not making it official officer)

Road Vehicles Licensing Regulations SI1989 No 1796

Vehicles must display two rear reflectors, solid reflectors not the strip ones, oriented directly to the rear of the vehicle laterally and vertically, no more than 400mm from the sides of the vehicle, 350mm to 900mm from the road, with a separation of more than 600mm

blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

The law says vehicles must display reflectors.

There are reflectors in the standard lights VW give you.

Mike says the lights you want to buy don't have reflectors, a lot of replacement lenses don't.

When you buy them there will be two reflectors in the box.

Most people don't put the reflectors that come in the box on the car cos they look pants.

You should really put the reflectors on using the measurements I gave above.

Most people don't and don't have any worries with the law.....

Your car won't pass an MOT with no reflectors (unless you know the geezer..... wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ) so when it's MOT time put the horrible red things back on for the day.

Here is a picture of the lights fitted for you:

Hella Lamps

I used clear lens covers for fog light and reverse light so that it looked symetrical. The large rings are the reflectors so this set up is totally legal.

Mine were sourced through Road and sport developements as they have contacts with hella.

Female_London made the same query on tyresmoke, better class of lupo driver on here though LOL biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You cheapskate biggrinbounce2.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> some of the signatures are easy enought to match up Bow.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> LMAO

Yeah everyone on here has been much more helpful than on tyresmoke thanks my little cherubs!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i thought I was more than helpful on tyresmoke. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

AlanVW - tyresmoke is at www.tyresmoke.net

And there is a lot of flash cars ont he site - but there is also a lot of normal cars which are quite basic compared to the Lupo GTi so you shouldnt feel inadequate or inferior.

Come along to the meet in Windsor on Weds, I'll be there in the A2 along with the TVRs, Porsches, M3's and Oil burning A3's. The site is just for people that enjoy cars the car you have is irrelevent.

Edited By beer monsta on Aug. 24 2003 at 18:35

my little cherubs!!! yay.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />d_angel.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> newangel.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

• 5 months later...