reversing...

hey wen u put ur loop into reverse quickly does it crunch? mine seems to at the mo sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> i duno if sumfin rong or if it a loop fing

Guest spook(`tdi-errr`-`arosa-OK`)

I think a lot of cars, make a crunching noise when putting it into reverse, I'm not too techie, but I would a lot of mechanical movemnet is involved to switch the gearing around

without hearing I can't comment, but some knowledgeable should be able to

If it bothers you, and your still under warranty, get it checked out

Yeah, I get it too. Its nothing to worry about, I suspect if you asked VW they'd just say the same thing we have.

If you can't get it into reverse, or it feels like it wont go smoothly, put it into first and drive forward a little, then try again.....this can help.

Mine does the same. It happens in all cars cos apparently the reverse gear nuts aren't the same as the others (ok i'm not any technical) so it makes noises if you try to get the reverse gear without having stopped the car first. A clue is to stop the car completely and then reverse. I haven't tried what Matt says

hope this helps smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

y i do stop first... dad suggested wot matt said so ill give it ago... went ova a huge rock type thing and it kicked up onto the underneath ov my car aint looked yet buy i hope it ok

My Loop crunches too - so did my polo

according to the VW techie guy I asked about it the clutch needs to be depressed for around 15 secs before engaging reverse gear.

apparently it's because the idler gear is spinning in a forward direction so needs time to slow after the clutch is depressed otherwise it gets suddeny stopped when u engage reverse and goes crunch ???

Not sure it actually works (or makes sense) but my knowledge of tech stuff is limited

The important thing is it's normal for them to crunch smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Also I believe that many small VWs do not have a syncromesh on reverse hence the crunch.

me too.

Even if I stand still for about 5 secs pressing the clutch, sometimes it crunches, and sometimes I can'tz hear any noise nor feel anything while shifting in reverse fast...gearbox=mystery box smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

errr no i won't coz i no they can't!! they tend to show off in convertables and pose... ahahaha bimbos!!! silly fings... men mood swing!!! well men i no seem to!! wont mention any names wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> *cough*chris*cough*

QUOTE(shao_khan)
*cough*chris*cough*

And what do you mean by this?

errrr nothin wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ... *puppy dog eyes*