Fitting Rmote central locking

Kingy89

Have you reconnected the blue and brown connectors

I disconnected the blue one when i was working on it to get better acces to the wires and forgot to plug it back in and had the same symptoms

Either that or you may have the plug in the wrong way

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone fitted rclick's alarm + central lock kit? I bought this one:

http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=49&products_id=467

And I will start installing it soon, and I'm not looking forward to it at all =P.

i want to do mine, that kit looks good!! does anyone know of any others, cheaper? better?

I assume all the kits are the same and yeah the kits from ultimate car parts can be fitted to non central locking cars. I also dont think its easy to fit but if you know what your doing your be fine. They come with 12 month garantee so they must work

• 4 months later...

I've just fitted the new KE669w kit to my sport. All the colours are the same and right on page 4/5 so it only took a couple of hours to fit.

Most of that was getting the dash to come apart and logging where all the screws went.

Just a little extra note to say that the indicator wires are the think wires on the 6 wire plug, not the 4 wire thick wires.

Fab kit really and the little box just hides up behind white relay holder. I snapped off a couple of the dividers on bits that weren't used on the holder so I could plug it in through the hole.

I'd never seen splice connectors but now I have a new love :P

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread but thought it was better than making a new one.

I've bought one of these kits and took the panels off earlier to have a look, and I can't seem to find either of the brown or blue connectors =/ Here's some shots from what I can see behind the boot release:

IMG_0292.jpg

and up behind the dash near the fuse box:

IMG_0291.jpg

Could someone point out where the connectors should be? My car has manual locking and windows if this makes any difference..

On another note, can anyone tell me if VW will cut my key for me? Or if they can provide one and cut it?

I went to Timpson's in town today and the guy there refused to cut my key that came with the RCL kit because he's had reports of them snapping off inside the locks =/

On another note, can anyone tell me if VW will cut my key for me? Or if they can provide one and cut it?

I went to Timpson's in town today and the guy there refused to cut my key that came with the RCL kit because he's had reports of them snapping off inside the locks =/

go to a different lock smith. should only be a few quid as it takes 10 seconds. mine hasnt snapped.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread but thought it was better than making a new one.

I've bought one of these kits and took the panels off earlier to have a look, and I can't seem to find either of the brown or blue connectors =/ Here's some shots from what I can see behind the boot release:

IMG_0292.jpg

and up behind the dash near the fuse box:

IMG_0291.jpg

Could someone point out where the connectors should be? My car has manual locking and windows if this makes any difference..

I have hit this problem too on my 2003 SDI with manual windows and locks. Can anyone help out with some advice please?

Not going to be using the window roll up or alarm features just the locks and indicator flashes so all I need to know is which one to attach the red and the two brown wires to.

Cheers guys, massive help from these threads already I just need a wee bit more.

• 3 months later...

I too want to buy one of these kits BUT, mine is no central locking, no electric windows. I've not had my panel off looking for any disconnected wires but having seen yours that is what I am expecting

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Begging letter for help; I've wired my KE669W kit (on my Lupo S 1.7 SDI) into the wires by the bonnet catch as on page 4/5, but nothing happens! the arm light on the box isn't even flashing. The car works perfectly as it did before thought, so I haven't really broken anything!

Many thanks for any help,

al

Edited by albino0

My rclick central locking kit went bad on me and eventually just stopped working as I got it wet (it was in the door).

My mates rclick central locking kit has also went bad. Just wont unlock with the key fob nor will it unlock the passenger door when you unlock the master. Box clicks. Ground is still intact. Fuse isn't blown neither.

no power; that was my thinking (because no box-armed LED activity). However I definitely tapped into the thick blue/yellow wire for power, so it ought to work? I blew my multimeter on something, so I cant really check outputs (have ordered a new one - fused!) but I noted some thick red wires tucked further up above the plugs behind the bonnet pull - ought I to try to tap into those? alternatively, perhaps I haven't grounded it correctly...I wired the black, yellow, and yellow/black wires to the chassis (crushed against the right angle bracket holding the bottom dashboard edge to the side of the car), assuming that to be an acceptable way to complete the circuit...

Does that all sound reasonable?

Thanks for the swift reply, joeadamou

Hiya, i fitted my central locking yesterday and after a lot of faffing and getting it to actually work it finally locks and unlocks with the fob! can't seem to get the indicators to flash at all though, any ideas?

Cheers guys.