Fitting Rmote central locking

I am fitting remote central locking.

I have details of wire colours to fit it. apart from the windows closure one does anyone know what colour it is. as i take it the windows closure will work as if you turn the key in the door the windows go up.

thanks

Daz

Edited by Daz1981dp

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure on colours.

Do you mean the windoes will close when you press the lock button on the key?

My arosa has RCL and it doesnt do that, you still need to have the key turned in the lock to operate the windows.

Not sure on colours.

Do you mean the windoes will close when you press the lock button on the key?

My arosa has RCL and it doesnt do that, you still need to have the key turned in the lock to operate the windows.

Yea i want t so when i lock it it closes windows. the unit i bought send out a 20 second singal to close them just need to know the colour of the wire.

I am fitting remote central locking.

I have details of wire colours to fit it. apart from the windows closure one does anyone know what colour it is. as i take it the windows closure will work as if you turn the key in the door the windows go up.

thanks

Daz

sorry if im being dumb but do you mean the wire on the unit or the car?? the unit i have just got off ebay has this feature aswell and the wire is blue/black wit a (-)

so got to conect it to the (-) that is on the lock barrel switch i asume, i was going to look inside the door in the morning

sorry if im being dumb but do you mean the wire on the unit or the car?? the unit i have just got off ebay has this feature aswell and the wire is blue/black wit a (-)

so got to conect it to the (-) that is on the lock barrel switch i asume, i was going to look inside the door in the morning

i want to know what colour it is on the car mat. i know what colour it is on the unit i bought.

If you find out that will be great cheers

Daz

I want rcl for my 1.4 s 03 lupo.

where did you get your rcl system from on ebay - can you advise and how to fit

thanks

rick

the kit i got was link

this one looks a bit better

KE60

you can get the vw key for that all though im not sure if you could fit the chip needed to start the car

i have not fitted my one yet i am still unsure on the wires for the windows. i cant find any info on it. the only way i can think of is to do a pin test on all the wires coming out of the servo, sticking a pin into each wire testing one by one till i get the one that is i want

the kit i got was link

this one looks a bit better

KE60

you can get the vw key for that all though im not sure if you could fit the chip needed to start the car

i have not fitted my one yet i am still unsure on the wires for the windows. i cant find any info on it. the only way i can think of is to do a pin test on all the wires coming out of the servo, sticking a pin into each wire testing one by one till i get the one that is i want

I bought the ke60 one and yes you can remove the chip from your old key. not fitted it yet tho lol

Edited by Daz1981dp

I bought the ke60 one and yes you can remove the chip from your old key. not fitted it yet tho lol

hows the quality of the keys on the ke60?

was going to buy it but im not if the keys are cheap *****...

I might buy one of these. So long as I can have my key cut into the new flip key, and as long as the chip can be transferred.

I have taken mychip out te. just ot to get the key cut

Daz

Just bought myself a kit and it has been delivered. Looks good so far, now looking to get installed this weekend.

If you find what wire it is for the windows roll up let me know the colour on your lupo. cheers Daz.

Going to fit my easter weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Right i have successfully fitted the ke60 today.

All is working including windows roll up which is well handy smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yes it does come with instuctions if you tell them your car model i have the colours for lupo fitting.

Also just to point out windows roll up is the grey/yellow in the blue block

also you can use permenet feed from the blue/yellow located in the brown block

to ground it use the screen at the bottom of dash.

the blue and brown block of wires can be found to the A pilar drivers side.

took under an hour to fit.

Hope this helps

Daz

Edited by Daz1981dp

Hi all just an update for you

i have got the keys cut with the blanks supplied got £2 each to be done.

and i have successfully removed the chip from one key into the remote fob and all working perfectly.

Daz

This is the one i used the KE60 and got the free keys RU66

fitted in under and hour i posted what colour wire is used on the lupo fr windows roll up.

hope this helps Daz

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

Daz

*** SAVE £££ ***

Dont buy your kit from ebay as the same company selling them on ebay actually have their own site here.

http://www.rclick.co.uk/accessories-keyles...ry-c-30_50.html

Website Price: £34.45 delivered

Ebay Price: £36.45 delivered

Saving of £2! Yay!

Lupo*