Help with 1.0 Lupo insurance!

DJ TROOPA

Morning everyone! I passed my test yesterday and i'm looking to buy a 1.0 Lupo. I've got quotes from a couple of insurance companies online and they're quoting me just over £2000 3rd party fire & theft under my own name. I'm gonna do my pass plus so i'm hoping that will bump the price down.

Can anyone help me with some insurance companies please? I'm gonna be ringing around loads today so if you guys and girls know of any could you please help me out!

Thanks everyone smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

AJ

That seems a lot for a 1.0 TPFT. When i passed i was with liverpool victoria, they were the cheapest i could find at the time and they were very helpful with a windscreen claim, that was with my 1.0 Arosa. TBH i would try and go fully comp, i would never go TPFT, especially when you have justpassed, accidents can happen then you might lose your car. Im sure if you search you can get decent fully comp quotes

Im now with admiral, they seem reasonably cheap, and very good, if i need to drive another car for a week or so i can just add it to my policy, not many companies do that.

Yeah passplus is a good was to lower it, although some companies dont knock much off for that and also its sometimes more costly to do the test than you save on insurance, which is why i never did it.

You could try using search engines for insurance, like confused.com, but i found cheaper quotes just going onto each website rather than taking the quotes confused brought up.

Chris

Try looking at Fully comp to - theres lots of competition between companies which might get the price down. Also, if you can afford it, and havn't already done so, play with the excess and yearly milage to see what differnce increasing/decreasing them makes.

I was with Direct Line for the first 6 months (under my mums name only because we were finishing the years cover), then went with Dial Direct for my first year on my own. Now with Adrian Flux, but will probably change again come renewal time smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

It's going to be expensive for the first year, but I found the first years NCB, plus the extra years age made a massive difference afterwards - over 50% drop in premiums (on the car standard, but an extra £200 for all my mods)

Edited by lunalupi

Morning everyone! I passed my test yesterday and i'm looking to buy a 1.0 Lupo. I've got quotes from a couple of insurance companies online and they're quoting me just over £2000 3rd party fire & theft under my own name. I'm gonna do my pass plus so i'm hoping that will bump the price down.

Can anyone help me with some insurance companies please? I'm gonna be ringing around loads today so if you guys and girls know of any could you please help me out!

Thanks everyone smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

AJ

Its the London post code.

My first insurance was £1700 on a 1.0 N reg 106.

http://www.quotezone.co.uk/ i would definately go fully comp while your insurance is expensive because if you crash and wreck your car then you will be stuck still paying your insurance with no car but that website is a good site wish i'd found it when i renewed my insurance last would have saved me 500squid or so

I heard Quinn insurance are cheap, my mate's insuring a 1.2 'R' reg. Clio for £1000 with them. I'm with my dad on Barclays though, and if you don't being on someone else's insurance, they are massively cheap. On my 1.4 it costs around £600 for me, my mother, and my dad to drive it (even though it's only me that does lol).

Well done on passing your test,

Happy motoring!

NOCK

http://www.quotezone.co.uk/ i would definately go fully comp while your insurance is expensive because if you crash and wreck your car then you will be stuck still paying your insurance with no car but that website is a good site wish i'd found it when i renewed my insurance last would have saved me 500squid or so

that was terrible for me, no good prices at all! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I found barclays the best in my first year driving, but Im with quinn now. Quinn were only a couple of pound off in my first year too though.

Went with barclays because it was a bank, thought if I needed to, they'd probably be good with getting the money back out to me! Never had to though!

Edited by Gibbeth!

Thanks for all the input people smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> after a long day of looking around the cheapest i found was Direct Line, 3rd Party Fire & Theft:

without pass plus - £1978

with pass plus - £1587

its still alot! I've heard that Direct Line now do a new thing where the second driver can start no claims aswell? Is it possible to get my dad insured on the car, and me under his name fully comp?

my friend has done this and he's paying £800 for a 1.4 mk4 Polo fully comp under his dads name.

anyone else done this?

Appreciate your help! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Thanks for all the input people smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> after a long day of looking around the cheapest i found was Direct Line, 3rd Party Fire & Theft:

without pass plus - £1978

with pass plus - £1587

its still alot! I've heard that Direct Line now do a new thing where the second driver can start no claims aswell? Is it possible to get my dad insured on the car, and me under his name fully comp?

my friend has done this and he's paying £800 for a 1.4 mk4 Polo fully comp under his dads name.

anyone else done this?

Appreciate your help! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hello

This may work in the short term but not a good idea in the long run. Doing it this way you will not build up your own NCB,so when you do want to start a policy in your own name it will be like starting again!

Also if your Dad hasnt got any spare NCB to use on this car it will not be any cheaper at all. As the policy will be rated on the youngest aged driver which is yourself! And he will not want to take off his NCB off his car to use on yours.

So just one more point - If your dad does use his NCB and you do find it cheaper you have to tell them ur dad was the main use,otherwise again this will be rated on ur age. This itself will cause a problem as if u do tell them u wasnt the main user u wouldnt be entitled to travel to wrk,school,college etc. So if u was to have an accident say at 8.00am in the morning it would look a bit dodgy and the Ins Co would prob not pay out as you have lied to them.

So all in all i think the best advice i can give is to start policy in your name, drive like miss daisy for a year! and happy days for your next years insurance should come down!

Sorry if ive gone on abit! Worked in Insurance for 11 Years and just got it coming out of my ears!!!!!!!!!!

Mikey

This may work in the short term but not a good idea in the long run. Doing it this way you will not build up your own NCB,so when you do want to start a policy in your own name it will be like starting again!

Did you read the post? Direct Line do policies where named drivers can earn no claims too. I'm sceptical of this, as they'll be making their money somewhere. Chances are that the no-claims bonus will only count with Direct Line, trapping you in to staying with them. The 10 month policies with Elephant are the same.

As said though, it's meant for people who occasionally use their parents cars, not the other way around.

Did you read the post? Direct Line do policies where named drivers can earn no claims too. I'm sceptical of this, as they'll be making their money somewhere. Chances are that the no-claims bonus will only count with Direct Line, trapping you in to staying with them. The 10 month policies with Elephant are the same.

As said though, it's meant for people who occasionally use their parents cars, not the other way around.

Youve got it in one! Direct Line will only give the named driver a NCB if the named driver insures with them! No other ins Co will accept this a NCB

Will have to get dad to give Direct Line a call sometime and check it out! Really wanna get the little Lupo and get things going straight away! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'll let you know how i get on. Thanks for all your help, you all seem like a good bunch on here! thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

AJ

Edited by DJ TROOPA

I did the same less then a year agao.

Best i came out with was tesco. £1300 Fully Comp.

I searched everywhere. Trust me blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Oh and i didnt do pass plus...

2k for 1.0. When I passed I was only paying 2,2k for my sport fully comp. I am with quinn and they seem the cheepest. Got a qote from Norwich Union Direct for my 1.7 sdi and they wanted 3.5k fully comp where as quinn only want 1.7k. Best thing to do it shop about.

im with direct line. I have been driving for 9 years with 8 years no claims. I have found insurance to be dear on lupo's! i only have one litre but with the mods i have i am paying £317. I think thats expensive considering i had a mr2 Turbo and i was paying £350!!! doesnt make sense but direct line was the cheapest. Id b better off with a sports car again but hey i like the lupo so ill stick with it x

• 2 weeks later...

For a new driver its always gona cost alot till you get a NCB

I have saved quite a bit by being with admiral on there bonus Accelerator policy you get a years NCB after 10 months

may be worth you finding out how much they will quote you http://www.admiral.com/whyChoose/bonusAccelerator.phtml

Quinn direct thats how i am with £919 fully comp on group 3 with 1 year ncb and pass plus also they will let you put alloys on with no extra charge nice.