door trim - fading colour of door trim?

Does any one who has the balck/red combination interior on the Lupo GTI find that the red door trim is - well fading?

Mines 6 months and it seemsto be fading in patchs, especially the passenger side.

Suppose it could be the passengers?

Can I do something about it on Warrenty?

red is very sensitive to sunlight. including red paint, its due to red being a long strong wave length. anything that reflects red light will fade in strong sunlight. thats why you see so much crap condition paint on bonnets / roofs of red cars. these arears recieve the most sunlight. the best way to restore it is a product that is called restore 4. however this is only a tempory cure. could try sun block. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> its a gonna happen. dont know about warranty on interior as this is wear and tear. ???

As Putney says, you'd be pushing it trying to get it replaced under warranty, as it is "wear and tear"

But I suppose you could argue that it shouldn't happen after only 6 months....after all, what would it be like after 2 years or so??

its not only the gti that suffers i have black and blue interior with black door cards and one of them has a slight discolouring but i think its more to do with when you have your window open and rain gets in this seems to make my'n worse almost as if the colour washes out???

• 3 weeks later...