FVWSH

Is it worth it?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

...is it worth it? Having full VW service history? Let's try a poll!

Loop is 1K off 50K miles, but as the services are all out of sync as the previous owner only did an interim service @ 20K before I bought him. This service is classed as the 60K one, which is sure to make my bank account cry, as it has been since I've been unemployed this last month..!

60K service is cambelt etc isn't it? huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Cambelts are now recommended at 40k/4years smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Not sure how much I'd bother about FVWSH but if you plan to sell on to any dumbass who just flicks through autotrader then its useful to have.

If your replacing the cam belt (at 50k I defenatly would) then yes, I would (did!) take it to the dealer as you get parts and labour warranty if any thing goes wrong.

An outside company doing it, all you would get is parts warranty.

If your lucky.

But for a normaly oil inspection, I dont think its that importent.

Saying that though a basic service is not expencive, you can always say no to anything else they find and get those defects done elsewhere.

Thats what I do.

My Loop is a well oiled machine.. spark plugs kept going for like 18k miles lol biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

But good thinking @ Andi.

I plan on getting cambelt and whatever the other "big" stuff is due doing.

@Joe - Loop gets serviced every 10k and last one in June 06 which was the 40K at 4.5years old they never mentioned that - I think it`s with all the services being out of sync as I mentioned before.. it`s all good smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />