upgrading lupos brakes

bAAx

like chris came to mention.. for trackdays you need uprated brakes... anybody any experience on this matter with the lupo GTi?

better fluid? (dot5?) braided hoses? better/larger discs? (which and how??) better pads? which manufacturers?

dont tell me to fit 17"ers and get porsche brakes... i have a budget problem too tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Best performance/price would be the Cupra R brakes. `4-pot` Brembo's so they should provide plenty of stopping power. However, I think you'll need 16" Wheels....

Although the cheapest option would just be to have uprated discs and pads...

my route is going to be vr6/g60/new cupra carriers which will take std calipers and allow fitting of 280mm discs. i think pagid do 280x22mm discs which should fit nicely, grooved ofc and stick a set of fast road pads on for good measure. you can stick to 15"s and its pretty cheap to do. to buy carriers new i'd go to Seat dealer as they are available from vw but they cost more - incredible eh? from seat they are £65 i think and come in red or black. the cupra r brembos are lovely but you'll need wheels with specific dish to take calipers - they are fat and remember you are wanting to stop a car more than 1/2 ton lighter than cupra r so do you really need them. to buy brembos with all tubing/fittings etc its about £900.

What the hell do u think the B+B Lupo has? and u say that u know lots about Lupos wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

[b:post_uid0]B&B/PORSCHE RS

SPOTRS BRAKE SYSTEM

4 pistons calipers 304mm brake discs

with steel flex line for front + rear axle

(for wheelsets from 16inch upwards)

`VW-Lupo`, `VW-Polo`

[/b:post_uid0]

nice innit? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

yummy...the Cupra R brakes smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Seems no one forgot that possibility, heh? But as far as I'm now, I'm more or less happy with the stock brake setup. Okay, probably will thate them as soon as I get on a track, but for normal use on the motorway they still seem to be okay. (don't forget that the TDI has the 256mm brakes...). But yeah, the Brembo's are damn good brakes and so I would be kinda forcedto get some 16"s.....nice, but hella expensive.

i dont think they are worth expense imo even if they are cheaper than porsche brakes. with a car as small as lupo i really believe a simple upgrade to 280mm grooved/drilled quality disks and good pads would be enough, possibly even braided hoses dot 5.1 etc. another cosideration is master cylinder, on beeza it is 22mm piston and by moving onto passat cylinder 23mm a big diff is made in braking power. it might be similar on the lupo.

It's sure that they're damn expensive, but `hey-you` pay for the name I presume.

That's an interesting thing, that master cylinder issue, are they too a direct swap as the brakes would be?

Wich 280mm discs can be mounted? the golf vr6 ones or wich ones do you meant?

i'm pretty sure they will be 22mm same setup as my ibiza and same used on older golf gti's. as for master cylinder call jim at starperformance and tell him i sent you his way. he should be able to help out or will find out for you. dealers are generally not too good when questioned about upgrading etc.

get stars no. here http://www.starperformance.co.uk