Engine management upgrade!!!!!!

Red Lup Gti

I gave Motec (ECU programmers) a ring today to find out how much a unit would be and for some one to remap it.

They said just for a base map with a new ecu it would be £1600!!! :0

I nearly cried!!

So u r probably looking at £2000ish once it has been mapped.

I have decided to keep it standard for a while

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

With cams and a zorst it would prob give u 30 brakish!!

Motec said that u would have to change loom plugs to fit new ecu to!!

mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I would buy and fit the cams myself (got all the stuff at work to do it)

Its just the 2k that is the stinger)

Might be able to get small discount, but prob only £100 or so!!

Looking at the web site, for other 1.6 cars they are only gaining 10 Bhp on average, which I suppose is OK for £300 but isn't that big a gain for a car being 'chipped'. I have started looking into getting fast road cams as well but having difficulty finding them as well.

Well, I just called Superchips themselves - result is they still not got anything they can do for the Lupo GTI.

He said its one of a few cars they need to catch up on & to keep an eye on the website.

So how did someone get theres Superchipped ™ ??

Hmmmmmmm..... :sneaky:

QUOTE(marc_trowsdale)
mate,

call superchips !

www.superchips.co.uk

they did a nice little upgrade on mine for £250 (lupo GTI)

it was just sofware and it makes a real difference smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

well chuffed i was

Marc what superchips place did you speak to and have you rolling roaded it yet?. £250 sounds good for 17bhp is gains

Just sent superchips an `e-mail` will wait and see whats going down or if any thing available. any one looked at oettinger?

http://www.oettinger.com/

Emailed AAT yesterday about what they could offer for a `10-15BHP` increase. They sent me prices for fast road Cam Kits. £720 for cams and induction kit. £902 for cams with adjustable vernier pulleys and inductuion kit. Waiting to find out how much cam kit is without induction kit but prob a few hundred less. Think I just decided what my Easter bonus is getting spent on! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />