Egypt Holiday

leddy

me and my girlfriend are looking at an all inclusive holiday in april.

we have looked at egypt. the place looks really nice but i have never really heard much about it.

so if anyone has been there opinions would be great!!

thanks shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Hey Leddy! My brother went there for a week with his gfriend.....He really liked it, he said it was a bit package deal, but not too bad.

I dont think they reccommend that you leave the resort, but it is massive....

From what i remember, they got treated really well...... and everything was very posh (even though it was an averagely priced holiday!)

But anyway, im pretty sure he would recommend it!

x

Leddy,

My an my gf are going to Egypt al inclusive at the end of may. Never been before though always wanted to. First week is a cruise on the nile and second week is a resort at the red sea. Looking forward to it, though gotta pay for it next month :-( , yay!

the hotel we have looked at is on the red sea, and does look absolutely beautiful!

id love a cruise down the nile. do you mind me asking how much it is costing you for the 2 week holiday?

I'll try and get more details tonight of where we are going though for the two of us it's costing £1400, so £700 each for 2 weeks all inclusive, not too bad i don't think.

Though saying that the last time i went away was my world trip with a mate for a year.

I went for the day from Cyprus. I wouldn't say it was a nice place, and wouldn't want to go again. The pyramids are full of scammers trying to con money out of you (don't let them put a towel on your head for a photo). All the tour busses drove like maniacs to stay together in a convoy, and each one had a guard with a machine gun under his jacket.

Saying that, my Auntie's just got back from a week cruise up the Nile, and she really enjoyed it.

i've been to egypt twice now and tbh its a really nice place to go....stopped in el gouna (known as little venice) and it was a really nice place...i wana go bk there and the second place i stayed in is marsa alam which is relatively a new place for us british....loads of a italians but thats a sign of good quality!!!

ive done the trip to the pyramids and to the cario museum...and me bein only 16 at the time really didnt want to go to a boring old museum but it turned out to be really good....its quite an expensive trip though so if you are gonna go visit the pyramids or the valley of the kings then i wud get saving!!!

I went to Egypt, stayed in Sharm for a week in a 5star hotel. Very unimpressed. If you like sand and rubble and nothing to really see then you will love it. Go to Cario sharm is ****. Diving is around £50 a dive! wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

The beaches are very average too.

People hassel you to buy and go into there shops every 2 meters. Personally i think you could have a far nicer holiday in the Carribean for the same kind of price. Actually the cricket world cup will be on then so the carribean will be very expensive. If i was going on Holiday I don't think you can go wrong with the Amlfi coast in italy.

I think sharm is a place for pikeys to take their mrs!

I think sharm is a place for pikeys to take their mrs!

Bit harsh laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I'm off to Egypt (Sharm) for the second time this year, we originally went 2 year ago for our honeymoon. I thought it was a great place. The hotel we stayed in was outstanding with it's own private beach and gardens etc it was huge! The people are all nice and friendly too. You do get a lot of hassle on the main strip (Naama) but the trick is to walk down the middle of the street to avoid the sellers as they don't stray too far from their doorways. Food is great and cheap, and the street/night life iw pretty cool and theres always something going on. Journeys from the airport to most resorts in Sharm is a small one, which is nice after your flight and most places are complexes with most things on site you need.

Diving is excellent and there are some cheaper excursions available if you book your own as opposed to letting the reps take care of it. Cabs are cheap, although agree prices before embarking on the journey.

I can't wait to get back there, and no I'm not a pikey laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

We've been to Hilton Sharks Bay twice (2004 & 2006) and cannot complain at all. Food excellent and reliable and we chiose our room direct through the hotel after booking with Portland Direct. Resort complex clean and tidy. If you are unhappy about something, the staff will always see to it straight away. Other hotels might be different. Naama Bay is as close to Blackpool as you'll get. Nightclubs are problematic if you don't like your girlfriend/wife getting hassle from Egyptian blokes - blondes have more hassle than brunettes and they like a bit of meat on their women too!

Trips out are good value. Not been scuba diving, but it looked reasonable. Don't take a day trip to Cairo as a guide, Cairo is hot and nasty, full of beggars and the rest. Building works in Sharm still continue, the beach was noisy from rock breakers next door but the pools were quiet. I suppose it all depends on what you want really.

Apparently the museum with Tutankamun's death mask in is a must see. I think it's at a place called Luxor. My parents went and loved it (and I have a cheesy Pharoah's head souvenir biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ).