rear wiper

riles

want to delete my rear wiper but just need to know what size gromit or plastic bumg it needs to cover the hole left??

any info would be great cheers! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

I don't see why people would want to do this as what do you do when your back screen is full of dirt?

dude i wasnt asking for a lecture on why not to do it i was after some help can you answer my question or not???

cheers shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

sorry didn't mean to come over like that. Just wondered why people do tho ? huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

mk6 polo? Also how could this be done? Cheers

Yeah mk6 Polo,

Part numbers:

arm 6q6 955 707 c

blade 6q6 955 425 a

cap 6q6 955 435 b

all together at retail price its comes out at £24.28 inc vat

Looks like this: My Arosa:

P1010483.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

(riles if you dont want this pic on your thread, ill delete it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> )

Has a bigger sweep and looks much better.

Chris

Edited by cardaft

cool nice one cardaft, I know im pushing it but how hard or how do you fit it.

Yeah its very easy, all you do is:

- Pull the cap off the arm (just unclips may need force)

- Unscrew bolt under the cap (might need some WD40)

- Pull off the wiper arm (make sure its straight so it comes off and also might need to let it soak with WD40 again)

- Then just fit the new one, the wiper sometimes needs trimming and so does the cap, but sometimes it just fits.

Edit: you have an Arosa so it will need the blade trimming as it has a shorter rear screen than the Lupo. Quite simple to do, the worse bit is filing the notches to fit the end cap. Quite simple though really.

Chris

Edited by cardaft

cheers for the help guys,ill carry a bottle of water with me andyp sheers for that.

as for the polo mk6 wiper i had one on mine and they are really cool im just going for the smoothed look at the moment shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

I don't see why people would want to do this as what do you do when your back screen is full of dirt?

A nice application of rain-x should make the water drip straight off and help to prevent the rear screen getting dirty.

I'd guess that the majority of people that do this would also be the sort to wash their car every week so dirt shouldn't really be an issue.

It is a form over function decision though - removing the wiper does make the car look so much smoother but then you do have the inconvenience of not having a wiper - personally I think when i do get a lupo I will remove the wiper and see how I get on - it can always be refitted if it is a pain.

got the wiper taken off today and blackrat bang on with the size of the gromit top man!

Edited by riles

• 6 years later...

Yeah its very easy, all you do is:

- Pull the cap off the arm (just unclips may need force)

- Unscrew bolt under the cap (might need some WD40)

- Pull off the wiper arm (make sure its straight so it comes off and also might need to let it soak with WD40 again)

- Then just fit the new one, the wiper sometimes needs trimming and so does the cap, but sometimes it just fits.

Edit: you have an Arosa so it will need the blade trimming as it has a shorter rear screen than the Lupo. Quite simple to do, the worse bit is filing the notches to fit the end cap. Quite simple though really.

Chris

i used a 3C chassis VW PASSAT estate rear blade 3C9955425 it's shorter than the POLO rear blade and easily misses the tail gate spoiler. This blade is approx 280mm compared to 335mm of the POLO type. It can be supplied by any VW or SEAT dealership for about £8+VAT.

• 2 weeks later...

Eeeerm.... wash the car??????? Rar wipers are w**k on any car. Its also a common fault for the pipes for the rear screen wash on lupo's to split and cause damp carpets.