I'm a newbie

Zebrasandtriangles

Hi, found this site after searching the net for lupo stuff. Found this to be really informative and interesting.

I've got a GTI in red with heated leather and sunroof. Had it bout a year now and am now ready to put it under the knife. The only thing i've done so far is put an induction kit on (raid) cheapo off ebay havent really noticed any performance gains but it does sound fantastic - i'd be interested to know what other people think about this kit.

I'm thinking of going for the 1.8t conversion - does any one have any views on this pro's/cons? I've just had a quote for 7 grand for the full conersion is this a good price?

Edited by Zebrasandtriangles

hey mate welcome. im sure these guys will advise u on the induction kit side of things maybe a pipercross? imo. you thought about lowering it yet?

Yeah i really want to get the car lower, stiffen it up a bit. Think i'll go for coil overs not sure what to go for but deffo want it to be adjustable if I change the wheels.

7k?! Flippin' Nora.

Howdo!

Btw, why the random name?

Thanks for the advise with the pictures guys.

The random name is exactly that... random, I had to think of a long password for my collage computer - it knida grew on me! rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

BMC is probably the best kit to go for if your going down the performance route. definately recommend coilovers too! make the world of difference to the handing of the car! plenty of threads around about them so have a search smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

7k for a 1.8t conversion i think is about right for a garage. again theres some threads around so have a search!

welcome to the club

Jen x

BMC is probably the best kit to go for if your going down the performance route. definately recommend coilovers too! make the world of difference to the handing of the car! plenty of threads around about them so have a search smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

7k for a 1.8t conversion i think is about right for a garage. again theres some threads around so have a search!

welcome to the club

Jen x

Thanks Jen,

I deffo want to go down the performance route. My plan is to keep the car looking mostly standard however uprating the engine and suspension setup. Want to surprise a few sports car owners at track days..... woo hoo!!

I'm gonna start searching for related topics however if anyone can point me in the right direction i'd be very gratefull.

Cheers guys and girls.

Jamie