3L build

Mitchell

was browsing another site tonight and came across this..........sob............... i hate my van.

med_gallery_420_0_55286.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was browsing another site tonight and came across this..........sob............... i hate my van.

med_gallery_420_0_55286.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

you will bring it back buddy winning all those roseattes lol

the grey one looks alright although the back bumper would look 10x's better been smoothed in to the rest of the body work

Sacriledge! Picture015Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture030Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture066Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture070Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture197Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture198Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture201Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by Max69vk

the grey one looks alright although the back bumper would look 10x's better been smoothed in to the rest of the body work

the line runs the whole way around the car so to me it would look odd if just the back bumper was smooth and the line was still running down the sides of the car and on the front bumper

the line runs the whole way around the car so to me it would look odd if just the back bumper was smooth and the line was still running down the sides of the car and on the front bumper

Read my mind rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

the grey one is the same car laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

It looks awesome mitch, you really are a clever b*stard aren't you! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I can't wait to see the finished product, its going to be something special!

mitch is it possible to get 3l parts imported to the uk then?

would be a good upgrade for my gti to get the light weight parts bit by bit.

lightweight parts that would be good:

brake calipers

wishbones

steering wheel

seat frames

bonnet/hatch struts

window glass

Is that dirt on your wheel arch liner?

Picture015Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

...tut, tut...

Love the wiper conv.. Is this staying?

R

wiper conversion is being upgraded yet again, stay tuned. the 3L parts your after would be no use on a gti , calipers and discs are small, the alloy wishbones i looked into as these could of been polished but these are different also, seat frames would work but gti foams will not fit.

however i may be wrong but i believe the suspension /shock housings are alloy these would work.

i did look at the entire engine subframe as this is alloy also so would polish up nice but the thing is massivley different due to only being in lhd form....

the entire steering assembly and pedal box is alloy aswell from what i remember this could be used i think.

oh i see. windows could still work i guess.

but best to get a whole 3L and do an engine conversion i suppose.

C'mon Mitch!!!...I need it too!!! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

D.

if say.. i wanted a rear bumper? where could i get one from?

i've got one shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> thanks to mitch the great! and the fact i work for vag tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

lookin good mitch, do you think it will be done for edition?

I've only just looked at this thread blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

WOW(sex)WEE!

That interior is yumski for starters..

And I want that rear badge!

I can't mention the rest of it, the page just aint big enough!

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...
huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...