chip or turbo?

Alvaro

TBH, it will be cheaper, and more effective I think for you to get an engine transplant than Turbo your car.

Chipping on NA engines isn't really going to get you any great gains either, I think you said about 10bhp?

Is it not possible for you to get a LupoGTi? Saving for those instead of modding would be a better option...

Nah.... to expensive, i will be going to university soon and my parents won't let me take the car (i wouldn't study a lot i tell you tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />) and i want to get this one "nice" for the summers... chip would get me 12 - 13bhp, or at least that's wot they say in Powerchips... the thing is do you really notice the power increase wit a chip?

right, well i have a bit of mechanical knowledge, and i can tell u that chips on non turbo cars are a waste of time all together! if u fit a turbo it will be f**king expensive but will make the car fair bit quicker, and if u fit a chip to that, it can give u an extra 30bhp! without a turbo, a chip will be lucky to give u 5bhp max, i promise it is a waste of money!

I think u need to think hard bout this, as a turbo conversion is a costly job and will just make for a big loss when u sell it! a mate of mine has a saxo VTS that he got tunned and has a turbo, which rules, but was big job!

Similarly engine transplants are massively expensive and u lose loads of money on sale, if anyone will buy it at all!

I have to say, if u are going to start serious engine mods then u need lots of cash and are not going to change the car for a while, but at the end of the day its ur choice!

C17 makes a very good point about Resale - doing major converstions like turbo's and transplants not only cost you shedloads, but also lose you a hell of a lot of money (you'll get about 10% of your investment) and make it more difficult to sell, people are very weary of cars that have been "messed" with.

Modified cars are more difficult to sell than standard ones because Modifications themselves are subjective, i.e. the car has been improved to YOUR tastes.

MY taste is the best wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

after this i will only do minor things to it and forget about speed and acceleration... sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />