front disks

gordon

hi guys and gals if there are any, just signed paperwork on a lupo gti 2001 6 speed.i noticed disks on front are 256mm same as my current 8v cupra which i recently bought vr6 carriers for to take disks to 280mm. question is are the brakes the same calipers etc and will they fit under the std 15" running at 280mm. i fancy some 280mm 16groove pagids for extra stopping power but dont know if it will work.

I think they will .... I was going to have 280mm discs off a 306GTi on my old 106, and I was told I would need 15" wheels minimum. Seems to be enouhg clearance under the front wheels too.

If not, it means you'll just HAVE to go out and buy some 16" smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I ave to buy new 16" if i wanna fit the Porsche brakes in my Lupo, but it looks like a lot of money...

bblupo4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

But instead of the EVO wheels i prefer the OZ POLARIS... tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

As Gordon says, I've been told the Cupra R brakes are the best price vs performance option....

AP Racing brakes are bloody expensive! £1600-£1700 for the kit alone, so your looking at just short of £2k including fitting...

tbh the weight of the lupo doesnt need 4 pots, serious overkill if u ask me. i reckon going to 280mm grooved/drilled with fast rd pads would be more than ample in a sub tonne car