oil burners

gordon

was speaking to jim @ starperformance today and spoke about Hoppa modules for TDI's. What i didnt know was since it is modular you can take it from a lupo/arosa 1.4 tdi pd and stick it in 100/110/130/150 tdi cars so if you move up to a bigger oil burner as you grow up you can take the module for that plug n play fun biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

apparantly it will take 75bhp tdi to around 100bhp, 1.4 16v sport area of performance with even better mpg.

anyway just thought i'd mention it cos i used to own a oil burner myself and they are often overlooked by the petrol head masses wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

There is a big thread about this over on the SEATArosa forums. Superchips can modify the TDi to give 108bhp and 186lb/ft of Torque.

However, they still don't think it would beat an Arosa 16v, so therefore not a GTi, due to the short rev range.

In gear times are phenomenal, `50-70` was recorded by this guy in his TDi at about 4.9 seconds, compared to my GTi time of 6.5secs.....

It probably depends on the engine you have, especially the tolerances it has. It's possible go go as far as 108 hp without black smoke at all on a 1.4 tdi as it is possible to go only to 98 hp and lots of smoke on another. So the best is to get the car chipped in `real-time` via diagnostics port (so you can drive and tune the car @ th same time) or to do it on the dyno; so the chip will be unique and will fit your engine and your driving style. But you can be sure that in every 1.4 TDI there's the possibility to go to 95 hp w/o probs.

A chipped 1.4 TDI will easily beat athe 100hp sport, beliebve me! I tried the proggy chris posted some time here, and a chipped Lupo would beat my friend's Golf mk3 GTI 8v...(except in top speed, but hell, 1980 or 190 km/h, that's hella fast on such a car!) What do you want more?

So what am I waiting??? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ???

i wouldnt touch superchips as they are one size fits all! modular chips are generally tuned on car i think and tuners like starperformance have dynos for such a task.

Dunno if this helps much but Powerchips has a chip for the SDi to get it from 60 hp to 73 biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> i'll get it in a year when my vw guarantee expires tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

have you seen confirmed results for this? i am sceptical cos chipping normally aspirated cars normally makes little or no difference in bhp. you may get better curves etc smoother power but a 13 bhp gain sounds very optimistic. ???

in fact most chips `re-map` fueling and ignition to optimise combustion etc, a n/a diesel has no ignition to `re-map`,turbo and injectors are not very mappable either i think.

Diesel cra can gain up to 30% power with chips, have a look at this web

Click on VW and have a look.

The SDi gains 12 - 13 hp

The 3L TDi gains 22hp!!

The 1.4 16v gains 15 hp

The 1.4 TDI gains 25!! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> would like to drive one o these smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i dont believe them!! i have amd chip on my ibiza 2.0 gti 8v and got no improvement in bhp, and amd are recognised as top tuners for vw engines. seen a difference in power curves but thats it. i bet if i fitted a powerchips chip it would be the same. and that is from a dyno before and after runs.

Dunno if they work. I've heard many people and they say that they DO work. I'll tell you next year when i fit one in me car biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

(But before i wanna get a nice stereo 16" OZ's and a central exhaust and.. maybe a little spoler too) tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />