I want a VW Fox 1.4 urban

VWR Lupo

i think they have alot of potential and could be very cool

Thats what i think but people cant see past that!

Ive seen a nice modded on near me and i love it, 16" alloys and sitting very low and smothed!

Its the first and only modded fox ive seen and it looks shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

It was de badged aswell, looked well smooth!

Ive always liked them. I think people are just disappointed, as VW could have made something really special, but instead made something to be more competitive in terms of price.

I think they have loads of potential. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I still hate the back end dry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />

But i've seen a few modified ones, so I'm giving them the benifit of the doubt until I see some in the metal (so to speak).

• 2 weeks later...
someone should take a brave step and be the 1st to import a 1.6 fox 105bhp version. import from brazil and it would almost certianly cost less than a 1.4 urban in the uk.

If only i had the money!

Maby me and Bads can sell our sports and buy one between us tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

yeah, as well as!

a few weeks after I sold my previous Vento, I made a list of where I went wrong, and what I'd like on "ultimate" Vento, so it might be an opertunity to do that! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sounds cool, wish i cauld afford a project car sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Had a friend who owned a VW motorsport built vento, it was wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

ohhh! awesome!

I'm not sure I can afford it, or whether I've got anywhere to put it... but I'm investigating both at the moment!

Might take a while due the size of the list I've got here though!

Dont matter how long it takes to do really, i have the same problem with money and space sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, had to chip in with an opinion, i own a '05 fox and i`m more then pleased with the car, although most of the complaints here are related to power. I live in guatemala and mine has the 1.6l 105hp engine, put a cold air intake into it and had it chipped so i guess i`m making about 125hp... at that point its a sweet car to drive, and i planted it down with some shortened abt springs and 225/45/r17 tires. corners perfectly and it is very nimble. just wish VWAG would offer that in stock form.

Hi guys, had to chip in with an opinion, i own a '05 fox and i`m more then pleased with the car, although most of the complaints here are related to power. I live in guatemala and mine has the 1.6l 105hp engine, put a cold air intake into it and had it chipped so i guess i`m making about 125hp... at that point its a sweet car to drive, and i planted it down with some shortened abt springs and 225/45/r17 tires. corners perfectly and it is very nimble. just wish VWAG would offer that in stock form.

nice to hear from a 1.6 owner. post some pictures up. 225/45/17 tyres!! have you got stuck on any hills and run out of power lol.

Sounds like a cool car you have there!!!

I would like to see some pic of the beast, 125bhp sounds good to me! be nice to get it on a rolling road to find ou t for sure!

TBH the fox is very good as a small hatch! it has plenty of room and if you go for the urban you get the sliding rear bench.

I was a fox hater, but having had the urban for 3 months and a whopping 775 miles blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> its quite fun to drive.

The 1.2 is nippy round town, and not to buzzy on a motorway!

The only weird part that takes some gettin used to is the height, the seats are on raised subframes so you feel like your driving a SUV!!!

I drive it more than my golf, tho thats prob down to the 20mpg from the golf vs 45 mpg from the fox laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Only issues i have had so far is the radio changes for no reason, and it has just had a new power steering unit as it failed and almost made me crash ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> thats the same as the polo so not just a fox issue!

board.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Heres my car, havent had any power loss over the tires since the wheels are actually really light (about a pound heavier then the factory 15" alloys) and it sticks to the road like chewing gum.

I really like this, are you planning to do anything else in terms of mods? Also just out of interest what do they cost over there?