Sister wants a Fox :-(

RobinA3

My youngest sister wants to buy a VW Fox probably in the next few weeks. As a VW person myself, well VAG now ;-), i have tried to point her away from the Fox, as i don't think its a proper VW, and towards the Lupo but my elder sister has a Lupo so she doesn't want the same car.

So looking at the options list and the price list for the Fox i think this is what we will order for her:

Fox 1.2 Urban 55PS - £7,190

Options:

Air Con - £945

Lux Pack 2 - £250

Side air Bags - £250

Met Paint - £350

That all comes to a massive - £8985 - which is LOADS for a Fox but thats the car she has set her heart on so it will be the car she will buy.

Does anyone know what kinda discounts can be squeezed from VW dealers? I aint seen many of these cars on the road (maybe due to how they look :-/) so i am guessing they aint selling too well.

I would like to get some discount and maybe some fogs and leather pack thrown into the deal or something, anyone bought one lately and could tell me what kinda deal they got?

I haven't put alloys down on the options as i am thinking some BBS splitties are the way forward with some coilovers!

Please you gotta convince her not to buy one they are hideous and made extremely cheaply and look/feel it blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

surely an eos isnt that much more money and its a lot better wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

They are not selling well.

I'm sure a HUGE discount could be had, for the first time with a VW.

Its not a bad car, for girl after a runner round its a great little car in fact.

£9k though?

Not a chance, Id even take the pig ugly Panda over that.

Hi there,

Had a quick look at What Car website and you seem to be close to the Target Price they quote.

VW are doing a deal that involves 3 years or 30,000 miles free servicing on all Fox models purchased before 31st March 2007, which might sweeten the deal a bit. Other than that there are 128 used Fox's (nationaly on Autotrader at the moment (not sure where you're based) so you may be able to get a chaeper Fox with a few miles on it. I'd have to agree with everyone else though it's no patch on a Lupo

In true Alan Partridge fashion, to quote Top Gear magazine the Fox is "A small car that's had the sense of fun sucked out of it. Cheap for a Volkswagen, but so bland to look at and drive"

Hope that helps - good luck in your hunt

i really don't want her to get one as i think they are pretty much CRAP!

but she has set her heart on one so i don't think i can get her to change her mind.

as a person who had 2 polos (mk4 16v aka A 8OLO and a G40) i want her to get a Polo but she is not having any of it

thanks for all the opinions and keep em coming!

1.2 55bhp and air con, will be like driving with the hand brake on. Go for the 1.4. Im sure with good bargining you will get what your sister wants for a reasonable amount.

They arnt bad cars, just think of the rivals she could have instead, kia picanto, 107/C1/aygo huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> best choice is the fox IMO.

But surely that model you are looking at, its list price is more than a polo, why not get a polo instead?

Chris

To be fair any car which specs esp I would add as an option. I just think for that 1 time in every 1000 where something goes wrong on a corner its invaluble and could safe your life - maybe get it included for free or something. Its certainly more valuble than side airbags for actually avoiding a crash in the first place, but they are good things to have 2!

...but it's French...

And Brazillian's better?

I followed a Fox yesterday and I was surprised at how flat it cornered around a particularly iffy bend in Chadderton, I chickened out and lifted off as usual. It was in grey and looked quite tidy. I wonder if the 1.2 can be mapped to the Polo/Ibiza power.

Edited by IDGM

can get a brand new ibiza reference sport for 8595!!!

remember its 55ps not 55bhp also, so about 54bhp in actual.

for slightly less money, you can get

ibiza reference sport with loads of goodies

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i have to agree that the fox is not selling that well! we haven't shifted many here. i wouldn't buy one for me, but as a new first car, they are ideal. cheap the run and insure, but i would go for the 1.4 over the skoda-sourced 1.2.

one thing i will say in its favour tho, is that i like it when people do the photoshops of them lowered with nice rims ect... think its gonna be a good euro-style-friendly car in the future.

For the money you're going to spend on a fox, I think I have found you a much better alternative.

Reliable - safe - even has 4 wheel drive for the winter months - leather throughout. I think you sister would love it.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/121454.htm

swerve.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":swerve:" border="0" alt="swerve.gif" />

• 1 month later...

Did she buy it in the end? There is no point spending that much on a Fox; for that money you can get a nice Polo. The Fox is only worth it if you get the basic model (or the basic Urban, which only works out a few quid a month more). The only extra I had was metallic paint. Air Con is a rip-off for almost £1000! Get the basic of the basic, and then push them for a discount on the Urban. The extras are just a distraction on what is otherwise a bargain VAG.