Rear Speakers

Hi

Has anyone put any speakers in the rear doors?

Had a look today and looks like they take 16cm speakers, but wondering how they can be put in to make it look good.

Any suggestions?

Lol hopefully the speaker size is 16.5 so i can put my JL XR's in.

Thanks!

yep they are 16.5cm speakers most people on here will say thats its a waste of time but its not trust me with a decent aftermarket haed unit and rear component speakers in the lupo it sounds brilliant. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

i've got them in without the rear door cards on at the mo untill i can get hold of some gti rear door cards as they were the only ones with rear speakers in the model range.

do it you wont regret it

bloody hell iam going to have a look for my rear doors. didnt know lupos had rear doors lol.

nar yep like said GTI cards have like a type of mesh i think that goes over where the speakers sit. altho they do have the cut out in the shell to hold them and a tweeter.

if ya carnt get hold of the GTI trim them you can always custom make them.

heres a pic of it done. imo it dont look that nice but with a little more work it can look cool..

hhththt.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

nope didnt bother with dynamat or nething to be honest though i will be soon though cos even with every door and window closed i can still hear the music crystal clear outside the car rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Edited by Mr P

The standard speakers will be fine, concentrate on getting a good set of front components and a nice amp to power them. you should bias the sound to the front speakers and just have the rears playing quietly or even not at all.

y? especially if the rear speakers are better than the fronts? and you drive a loop gti which has rear speakers in already! yet you saying that they should only have fronts in

I actually prefer to have the main sound from the rear with the fronts filling in the rest.

The location of the front speakers isn't great, doesnt give good soundstage, ill have to change that soon too.

Plan so far is, JL XR 650's front and rear, running of a phoenix ti 500 amp.

Also looking at the Focal 6" subs, might consider putting them in the rear to give it that extra punch.

I actually prefer to have the main sound from the rear with the fronts filling in the rest.

The location of the front speakers isn't great, doesnt give good soundstage, ill have to change that soon too.

Also looking at the Focal 6" subs, might consider putting them in the rear to give it that extra punch.

duno about your car, but the soundstage in mine is absolutely superb and i only have front components and a sub...

sounds like a plan to me get it done wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

lupo_1.0 do you have leather?

yer only wear it in the gimp mode, oh wait a min, you didnt mean like that right. blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

no sorry anyway, its not done in my car i just see it on the tinternet some where.

Edited by lupo_1.0

What is ppl's fascination with just having front speakers and a sub or sometimes just even front speakers. The more speakers the better. You want it as loud as possible so everyone else can hear your cheesy tunes.smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> (Well thats what i reckon anyway!)smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm going to get some speakers in the rear doors as well as my stealth shelf I reckon tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

It's all about soundstage, and youll also find that by amping good front components itll be louder than having front and rear off a headunit.

A nice two channel amp to power the front compoonents, run the rears off the headunit down quiet.

Get a nice monoblock amp to power a sub and you couldnt have a better system really.

Also the great thing about having a gti is that the battery is in the boot, so it's dead easy to run power cables to amps.

Something like this

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/rainbow-sl...ick-p-3848.html

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-pdx2150-p-5308.html

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/audio-se10-p-2961.html

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/audio-re121-p-4322.html

Edited by LoopGTI