Other drivers not appreciating my zenon lights!!

Dave

I do get the same problem but had my comeuppance when I started flashing `on-comming` flashers and then, round the corner, was zapped by a mobile roadside speed trap - doh

fine + points

So I give these people the benfit of the doubt now blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

It was funney when I ragged it from traffic lights once - a car futher up thought I was comming too fast with my blues - so fast I must be a copper and pulled over to let me past biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> :devil:

I parked my car in Tesco car park in front of the glass about 50 yards away. Is nice and flat. I crouched down till my eyes were at about the same level as they would be if I was driving. I then wound the lights down with the adjuster until they looked bluest. Can see the dipped blue line on the road about 100 yards in front of the car now. Looks ace on a dark motorway in the catseyes.

Don't get flashed now except by the retards that don't understand that when they are at the bottom of a hill and I'm at the top my lights look bright.

QUOTE]Does anyone else have the problem of other drivers "flashing" them as they think I have my lights on main beam?

It is really annoying and have started driving with my left hand on the left stalk waiting to "blind" them, when anyone does it.

Sometimes I just drive around with them on dipped even when there is nobody coming so that when someone comes round a bend and sees I've not dimmed them they immediately flash to remind me; giving me the chance to blind them hahahaha fry little flashing gimp. :devil:

In 1990 my mate had a 205 1.9 GTi done in Martini colours with a bank of four spots on the front. Sometimes for a "laugh" he'd drive round with his main beam on then when he gets flashed switch the spots on. Instant daylight. Wnaker biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I've had a couple of incidents where idiots are giving me full beam behind, because I have overtaken them on dark country roads. I indicate to pull over and slow right down until eventually they have to pass. Which then I treat them to the power of Xenon !!! LOL

Sometimes on dark country roads I do cringe and feel sorry for people in front when the road is not level and the normal beam catches their rearview mirror.