Ive done it!

Ty

Well ladies and gents after months of looking and deliberating ive finally brought myself a new TT in either silver/dolphin grey 2 ltr S tronic for delivery in April! so the loop is now officially on her way to a new owner so ill post her up in for sale section soon. please let me know if anyones interested.

Edited by Ty

i have to admit the new TT does look sh*t hot

I know it will become abit common etc but there's something about it, apart from imo its like you say sh*t hot in the looks department i was really pleased with the 2 ltr engine, im very happy!

Congratulations mate, a new TT was behind me the other day and it was silver, it looked amazing. A bit like something straight out of I-Robot!

Cheers mate, really looking forward to getting my hands on her! I orginally had a deposit at my local dealer who rung me today and told me the delivery date had changed and wouldnt be until August! I rung a dealer in berkshire and they can get me one for april so ordered it from there instead and going down next week to finalise figures etc!

Edited by Ty

So what is the spec and performance figures of the one you are getting? Is it a 2.0 NA or is it the 2.0 T? I'm not too clued up on the new TTs!

Its a 2.0 T out of the golf GTi basically but the TT is lighter etc so perfirmance figures are better, Ive specced xenon lights, bose stereo, 19inch RS4 alloys, rear parking sensors, multi func steering wheel, heated seats, ipod connection thus far comes in at 31k.

Was looking at the sat nav but at £1650.00 for fiull screen and not all of europe on it seems expensive to me, i hardly use it and ill use my tom tom if needs be, I didn't really want to have to use the tom tom but not paying our 1650 for that!

theres a red one and a black one near me already, but being common aint a bad thing surely - a lot of people buy stuff for a reason - its good??

i havent seen a grey/silver one in the flesh yet, but in the colours i have seen it i like it more than the old one (hugh grant owning one in about a boy ruined it for me)

Yer true I suppose, will be strange seeing the same car as me on the road more often though! not used to seeing many GTi's about I'll have to get used to not flashing every TT I see like I do when I see a loop!

Edited by Ty

the more i think of it , i am sure i passed a black one the other day and i looked shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> however i have also seen a red one and it lost its appeal as the red didnt show the lines well enough

That sounds like an awesome spec mate, pretty much what i would go for if i had the cash. A 2.0T should be fairly nippy too wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

A bit like something straight out of I-Robot!

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> it does a bit , well , minus the stupid looking spats they put on the irobot car

That sounds like an awesome spec mate, pretty much what i would go for if i had the cash. A 2.0T should be fairly nippy too wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Cheers, yer it felt like a nice engine the turbo has hardly any lag!

Congrats, nice spec, and from what all the mags say the better buy over the 3.2.

I test drove a 3.2 S-Tronic at launch and while the box was very impressive the V6 just didn't blow me away, which is should for that money. Sadly they had no 2.0T's to test drive.

Personally I'd have waited for the Quattro 2.0T (or saved a lot of money and had a Golf GTI wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />), but I can't say that the FWD version is the wrong buy as its clearly a effortless car to own and does everything you'd want it to most of the time. Look forward to pics.

Its a 2.0 T out of the golf GTi basically but the TT is lighter etc so perfirmance figures are better

Wise choice of engine my friend

I have the same engine in the Audi and i can tell you its a PEACH of an engine, very torquey low end and keeps going till 6000rpm, sounds lovely when rev'd, really deep grunt to it, but it does like its juice when ragged.

It drops to around 24mpg when ragged and gives 34/35mpg on a gentle drive and then a little more on a steady motorway run.

Thanks for the comment ladies and gents, Roll on April biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> !! Yer the engine was very nice hit 115 effortlessly when I test drove it!

Very nice choice, was looking at one this morning when I picked up my A3.

Audi make a quality product shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

I looked at the S3 as another choice was very impressed with it! But I dont need the extra room and the TT suited me better really, The A3 is a very nice car and as you say they are a quality product and producing some very nice cars!

Personally I'd have waited for the Quattro 2.0T (or saved a lot of money and had a Golf GTI wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />), but I can't say that the FWD version is the wrong buy as its clearly a effortless car to own and does everything you'd want it to most of the time. Look forward to pics.

I was very tempted to hold off for this car next year, but I have no real gripes with FWD cars personally, I would have waited 9 months or so for the launch of the quattro and then audi would have annouced something else I would want to wait for and I would never have brought a car! they are planning an S model then an RS model I decided to take the plunge and be happy with my choice and not worry! (but I probably will rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> )

Edited by Ty

You might struggle for grip in the TT as its FWD, i couldn't imagine my A3 without quattro as it breaks traction so easily when the road is a little greasy so the traction control lights flashes constantly

it is a long wait for the quattro version though, but anyway enjoy the car as i am sure you will!

:-)

You might struggle for grip in the TT as its FWD, i couldn't imagine my A3 without quattro as it breaks traction so easily when the road is a little greasy so the traction control lights flashes constantly

it is a long wait for the quattro version though, but anyway enjoy the car as i am sure you will!

:-)

Yer the road was abit wet when i went out in the s tronic model and the traction control came on a few times! The quattro would be a great car but dont want to wait another 9 months at least, like you say I will enjoy her anyway shes only a stop gap until I get my ferrari lol! rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />