Curse of the rear boot light open returns - Lupo GTi

RallyeBaz

Getting a faint warning light on the dash showing, which eventually will set the alarm off. spoke to VW who cannot look at the car until next week. Any ideas if I have a look this weekend what I am looking out for to clean & dry.

Thanks in advance

I had this on mine for a day till I realised that the parcel shelf had popped out and was stopping the hatch form closing fully. If it's not that simple it sounds like the connectors contacts are dirty. Can't remember seeing one on the lupo (will check at lunch) but on all the other hatches I've had there is a metal connector that sits against a copper or brass like plate with sprung pins that connect the power to the screen heater and wiper motor and activate the alarm and open light when open. I'll have a look and see what I can see on mine.

remember if you lock it with the key and turn it the same locking direction trice it will be locked without the alarm, might let you get some sleep before it goes into the garage.

Had a look the other day and noticed the cover uses plastic poppers, like the old door cards. It seemed very tight and wondered if you need to undo the 2 allen key screws on the grab holes, before I give the cover some large power of 10 tigers action

talk about curse of the boot light just done mine had to also change the boot lock solonoid complete pain in the butt total cost £15.00 for a the lock complete with solonoid but i will warn you it is a very tricky and a fiddley job ???