Opinions

Guest Guest_John_*

Guest Guest_John_*

Hi all, i posted up on e38 forums earlier and swoxy kindly ponted me in this direction. Anywhoo i'm currently at coventry uni doing automotive design and as part of our project we have to redesign a current cars interior, and my groups decided on a vw fox...not my first choice granted, but having read through previous posts and seen a few peoples opinions and took on board the slatings/ positives. But basically i was just curious if anyone who has got one as to their opinions on the interior and what would they change about it? and if anyones modded one inside have they any pics? i.e, buckets, extra dials etc...

any help will be muchos appreciated!

cheers, john biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Well we own a fox and tbh the door cards are plastic as you like!!! also the seats seem very thin, not the covering just in general, the dash also feels very plastic, not the normal vw quality feel plastic.

But then its a cheap vw with a lot to offer.

when i get round to modding the fox the interior will be last, mostly due to the really high seats! i think TT seats will fit, or the new polo but will need some thinking on how to raise them!

Hope this helps you a bit?

Well we own a fox and tbh the door cards are plastic as you like!!! also the seats seem very thin, not the covering just in general, the dash also feels very plastic, not the normal vw quality feel plastic.

But then its a cheap vw with a lot to offer.

when i get round to modding the fox the interior will be last, mostly due to the really high seats! i think TT seats will fit, or the new polo but will need some thinking on how to raise them!

Hope this helps you a bit?

d love, the new caddy seats have a deeper frame on the bottom to raise from the floor maybe the same as fox, and the base is interchangeable to skoda vrs seats i never seen the bottom of tt seats so can't comment on them.

d love, the new caddy seats have a deeper frame on the bottom to raise from the floor maybe the same as fox, and the base is interchangeable to skoda vrs seats i never seen the bottom of tt seats so can't comment on them.

You notice that the fox looks a bit like the new caddy!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest_John_*
Not until you mentioned it but yes there are remarkable similarities smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

hi all, thanks very much for your opinions and views, they've all been taken on board and if anyones interested, shall post up the results in february time when the projects finished. If in the mean time anyone has any more opinions/ suggestions then please feel free to voice them, all help is appreciated!

many thanks again, and wish you all had a merry christmas, all the best everyone for 2007,

John. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum guest John! (Even though it was a month ago, things are slow in this forum!)

As for the Fox interior, well, its not that great really, so pretty much anything would be better. I am biased, but ergnomically the Lupo's is light years ahead, I like the Fox, but its the interior that lets it down. I actually thought the build wasn't that bad.

The thing with the Fox interior is that design wise it shares NOTHING with the rest of the range. The Golf, Touran, et all share a fairly common layout whereas the Fox interior just looks like what it is, an afterthought.

Edited by AndyW

From my 'Test drove a Fox' thread ...

Was surprised at the interior quality considering what I'd heard - no way near as good as the Lupo but better than a lot of small cars I've been in. However, the door cards were disgusting - but the multi-coloured seat upholstery looked great.