Lupo GTI Turbo conversion

Tigz™

Made a stupid bet with Ross today, that the car will start by the 31st of September  surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" /> 

whats the problem thats nearly three months to do a simple job laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

whats the problem thats nearly three months to do a simple job laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Simple?

lol jes dude, would hate to see a tricky job then surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" />

what part is tricky its a simple bolt her bolt there and its in roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

Seriosly though i can only imagine how hard it will be to do ive done an engine conversion with my mate in two days but that was on a mini which has about as much wiring as a scooter

Its not really the engine swap thats the problem.

Its the trigger wheel, sensors, sumpwork, full wireing loom to build, injector/fuel regulater, spacer plate to port, head to port, throttle cable... cant/dont want to think of anything else that needs doing in those 3 months.

Well apart from the Kitchen, bathroom and baby due in 5 weeks wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• 1 month later...
Got started today.

Dunno how Mitch got so much done in a day

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok stage one is done.

Found a buyer for my gearbox, he is going to E38 so I thought Id do it today to save on him coming to collect it.

Although it could be said that I cheated a little, but I think it was worth the £50 to see how a pro does it, and ask any questions regarding fitting the other.

Another thing was, I know now what tools I need to buy, where to route my throttle cable...

Top bloke, the guy who did my chassis had so much work he had to set some one on.

So he and his young son came to help.

You guys remembering being 10 year old, and your Dad asking for a wrench, and picking the wrong tool up?

Non of that with this lad.

He was collecting tools I had never heard of, from his Dads mobile workshop van.

He knew exactly where everything was, because he'd put them away when leaving his Dads previous job.

What a cool kid.

Anyway, took about 3 hours, but that was because I was chatting alot laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Supprisenly he didn't start throwing things, as he normally wont touch a car.

Hes into JCBs, Vans and his big passsion - Landrovers.

Im going to try and get a pic of it, its a bit special.

Wireing loom too a while, Couldn't take the Alternater off the engine because my Axle stands were in the way blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

He showed me how to knock out my drive shafts from the wheel hubs, so one of my wheel hubs are off, and drive shaft fitted to new hub.

Picking up my parts tommorrow, Im setting myself a challange of finishing the Kitchen in the next two weeks, that will give me a week before I go back to work to get the engine in.

He has left me his engine lift, I just need to get a winch.

Lost my bet with Ross, but Im hopeing he may extend it a little biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Huge thanks for the plate mate.

Got home and spent the past hour putting it together.

Figured out the TPS and the injecters fit like a dream!

Got lots of bolts I have no idea what they are for.Some clips that look like there injector clips, but Im sure thy'll be something completly diffrent sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Not including VAT:

THP40i - 40mm short DCOE throttle bodies £341.28

Fuel rail 2 piece tail ends £40.85

4 x 45x20 Airhorns £51.08

Throttle Pot £37.87

Still got more things to buy, but have forgotten the prices, only remember these as Ive just got the bill wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I think linkages are around £80-£90

Good to see it's getting there mate smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> How much more have you got to do on the engine itself?

How much more have you got to do on the engine itself?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Two options really mate.

If the 1.4 75bhp ECU has a MAF senor imput, just got to fit the engine, use the standard VW ECU ad drop off the car at an undisclosed tuner for them to work there magic with the ECU.

If it hasn't, or the first un-tried option does work.

I need to :

Fit a trigger wheel and sensor.

Build a wireing loom.

Few other sensors.

Need to counter sink 6 of the drilled hoes on the spacer plate.

Drill and thread four holes for the vacume pick up.

Then map it.

Two options really mate.

If the 1.4 75bhp ECU has a MAF senor imput, just got to fit the engine, use the standard VW ECU ad drop off the car at an undisclosed tuner for them to work there magic with the ECU.

If it hasn't, or the first un-tried option does work.

I need to :

Fit a trigger wheel and sensor.

Build a wireing loom.

Few other sensors.

Need to counter sink 6 of the drilled hoes on the spacer plate.

Drill and thread four holes for the vacume pick up.

Then map it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow. As simple as that eh? Drop it round here if you like and I'll have a go while I watch the telly. Might have it done by morning smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Would be good if you could use the standard ECU wouldn't it? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Fingers crossed for you mate.

Edited by ArosaMike

I like mine better smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

No body else wanting to do this? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I take it that would fit a GTi if a couple of notches were added to clear the head?

Got one more day on utilitiy room, maybe a day on the bathroom, a Day on the drainage.

Got to fix the bike before I start back at work next week.

Connected the engine up to the ropes today.

Need to get a winch and start to put it in.

Im hopeing I can get the engine bolted in place before I go back to work.

Plus being a Dad takes up quiet some time smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

On another note, I recieved my new carb tool today biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />