Today I have been mostly wanting to buy this

Putney

After a quick burn in my brothers S4 cabriolet, I have wanted V8 power. So I was looking on the net and the S4's seem a bit over priced. Well the S6's seem very under priced. They also share the same engine as the S4 and you get Sat Nav/ TV built in for £13500.

I liked this one with the 19inch RS6 wheels on.

Well I am stomping up the cash for a new kitchen this January but then I might be in the position to buy one. I am getting pissed off with my underpowered Passat.

I know they are not the prettiest cars in the world but I couldn't really give, that’s a lot of car for the money and I think the silver one looks quite good with the bigger wheels and body kit.

Manual, 62,000 miles, Metallic silver, black leather recaro seats, FASH, 350BHP, RS6 19 alloys, miltek exhaust, private plate, bose 6 CD stereo, heated front seats, front centre armrest, cruise control, fantastic condition. £13,500

media.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

media-2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

media-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

another one in a rank blue colour but the spec is good

Automatic, 56,000 miles, Tiptronic, automatic, FASH, TV, Sat Nav, Recaro full alacantra leather, electric rear sunblind, ski hatch, Good quality new tyres all round, Bose premium sound system, 3x3 point rear seat belts, ABS, Alarm, heated driver and passenger seats, immobiliser, Alloy wheels, Body coloured bumpers, Climate control, Ipod video cradle with remote, Nogaro Blue Metalic, excellent condition. Viewing in London or Norwich available. Please leave a message if I do not answer and I will call back as soon as possible. £13,750

I've been looking at the possibility of a 2nd hand S6 myself for the future. There is a guy at work that bought one off Pistonheads and its a minter in BRG and sounds so good!

Good choice Putney, I'd go for it and to hell with the kitchen.

Ahem,

Rank blue is probably the gorgeous Nogaro blue, which, I think you will find, is the best colour ever (when in good nick) tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />.

Do you know how much these 4.2s cost to run? 22mpg most of the time, and that is in the lighter S4!

Then there is the servicing, last time our S4 went in, it cost 800 quid ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Makes a nice sound though cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> .

A truely great car! I like the one in 'Layer Cake'!

As Matt said: How much is it going to cost to run?

I considered an Audi S4 avant before I bought my Golf 1.8t, but decided against it as I thought it would cost to much to run, the Golf cost enough, mind you! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by matt a

yeah i know they will be pricey to run, if looking at a car with a massive engine, it's going to eat tires, brakes and fuel for breakfast, but my S2000 was thirsty and i went through 12 tires in 18months and i was getting low 20s mpg all the time

yeah i know they will be pricey to run, if looking at a car with a massive engine, it's going to eat tires, brakes and fuel for breakfast, but my S2000 was thirsty and i went through 12 tires in 18months and i was getting low 20s mpg all the time

yeah, but those s6's do 19mpg combined, so i bet you get single figures or 10-15mpg most of the time.

my cupra is bad enough at 25mpg when i'm being good, and single figures when i'm driving like i stole it.

i am not bothered about fuel consumption, if anything that’s the cheap part! The only thing i worry about would be if something stopped working on it say the Triptronic box went bang, then i would be ****ed!

I would still be using the bike as the main form of transport as live in London, So this would be a beast i just crack open to rag down to the New Forest or go on a weekend away somewhere. I have done under 3000 miles in a car this year but have spent a small fortune on mending the Passat, New Automatic gear box ECU. Just about to do all the suspension at the front. etc. etc. Fed up of poring money into a none performer!

We shall see what happens this week with the MOT for the Passat. Anything major and it's going in as a trade in towards something like an S6

I have to get the Kitchen done this year and a few bit's and bobs. Once that's done the flat is finished and will be looking at another place. My theory is get the home sorted before the garage!

I also noticed the S6 which is out now has a V10! That will be cheap as chips in a couple of years too! Imagine a V10 For 15k! lol! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

tbh mate.

my dad has an RS4 and not had any problems with it at all. yeah the servicing is pricey but hes only ever had wear and tear problems. but the scary things are like the cambelts are 1k i think or something silly like that.. i think they are due on 60k but i wudnt know for the S6

my neighbour is a multi-millionaire and has had every car u cud ever think of... but he bought and RS6 and an RS4 and absolutly loves them, he thinks there fab...says alot for audi i think, to say hes had lambos, ferraris etc etc. he has a phantom for cruising round tho! PIMP!

the best thing to do is look on some audi forums for common problems, then u know what ur letting urself in for.

al x

One critiscism of an S6 is that beacuse they are so heavy and have an auto box they dont really feel that quick imo. We had a race in one at work with a Saab 9-5 Aero (250bhp) compared with the S6 (344bhp) and there wasnt alot in it (apart from the mpg?!?!?) smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Do look nice though.........