V-Power in a 1.0

righto people , as i am a scaffy student type i only ever put a fivers worth of petrol in the car and i alway just use normal unleaded but the tank was almost dry today so i thought for a change i would through a fivers worth of V-Power in it to see how it went . i've reset the trip computer to see how many miles i get out of it ( will compair against normal stuff later ) So far in the 10miles i have done since putting it in the engine is alot quieter ( or so it seems ) , revs ALOT easier at low revs it pulls without struggling , accelrator seems to be a bit more sensitive to even being tapped , in general revs easier aswell making it feel a wee bit faster . Will continue the review of it in a 1.0 later when i have done more miles

Any motor will run better on V Power, as apposed to normal unleaded, due to the higher octane rating... It burns quicker and with less effort. You'll find that you get less mpg running it though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You'll find that you get less mpg running it though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yes i found that but my lupo runs so much better on V Power, Ive never put normal unleaded in it since owning.

I run premium all the time in the Arosa, but then I work for a living!!!

No pinking, more responsive (50bhp, 1.0... Hahahahahahahaaaaaaa!)...

Doesn't make that much differnece in the Punto.

Congrats on job by the way Craig. Is that how you can aford a fivers worth instead of a litre at a time now?

Ray

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ray mate , its so i can try and convice myself that i aint using that much fuel , but i end up putting more in each time i leave the house laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

ok i managed to get 45miles out of a fivers worth of fuel laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> mind you there was some spirited driving going on

• 2 years later...

If the engine is capable of adjusting to different octane ratings you can notice a difference, but if not then you probably cant and its more lilkey a placebo effect. The 1.6 and 1.4 100bhp engines can adjust, not sure about the others.

Ive always ran my Sport on V Power, for the extra £2 or something it costs for a full tank I'd rather use the good stuff! I'm a skint student but I love Loopy too much to feed him the cheap stuff! haha!

I thought all these higher octane fuels were meant to give you a better mpg? To be honest if they do its only about 10 miles a tank from what i had noticed.
I get approx. 10 / 15 miles extra per 3/4 tank using V-Power.

Only ever put normal petrol in mine. Do 1.0L run better on V-Power?

xXx-Amy-xXx

The 1.0 cannot adjust itself for higher octane fuel, so on that basis, no. However V-power and the like use different additive packs which may be benificial.

If I had a 1.0 I wouldnt bother.

My 1.0 pinks like buggery on 95RON. A good dose of 97/98/99 makes it sound a lot healthier.

I could just get the timing changed I s'pose.

:)

undo the two allen key bolts on the dizzy and rotate it anticlockwise a little and test fire!

mine had this problem but this fixed it :P