Fox GTI TSI

Tigz™

Fox GTI TSI  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How long has it been since VW have been about quality?

I bought the 1.0 Lupo because i liked it, and it was cheap (well, the same price as a Saxo VTR with a years free insurance!).

If I was looking for a cheap small car again, I wouldn't look at anything else other than the Fox.

The Panda, a good car may be, but IMO its even uglier than the Fox, and the 4 wheel drive will slow things down even further.

Let me just remind you about something about my 'Well built' Polo GTI.

Pedal box failures.

Plastic cam belt tensioner failures.

Gearbox failures.

All know of before 50k miles.

VW quality my ass.

Good to see that they have admitted its all bull crap.

How long has it been since VW have been about quality?

I bought the 1.0 Lupo because i liked it, and it was cheap (well, the same price as a Saxo VTR with a years free insurance!).

If I was looking for a cheap small car again, I wouldn't look at anything else other than the Fox.

The Panda, a good car may be, but IMO its even uglier than the Fox, and the 4 wheel drive will slow things down even further.

Let me just remind you about something about my 'Well built' Polo GTI.

Pedal box failures.

Plastic cam belt tensioner failures.

Gearbox failures.

All know of before 50k miles.

VW quality my ass.

Good to see that they have admitted its all bull crap.

Yeah i agree with some of that, when i bought my arosa i didnt really know much about them but i liked the look of it and the quality of the vw seat etc brand among other things, its well known for reliability and quality, and i know this isnt always the case, look at my 1.0 and the problems ive had. But weve got a saxo and getting in that from my arosa and its just like it feels like it could drop to bits at any moment (but it never does though)

Thats my point though, looking at everything in the fox range its probably the best out there, and i like the 4x4 panda but 0-60 20 seconds blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> erm it would be faster to walk i think.

All cars have glitches though, if its audi, vw, renault, citroen, bmw, every car you can think of will probably have problems.

I wasnt struck on the fox when it came out, but i like it more now and its probably the best small car out there atm

Chris

Edited by cardaft

I'm with Darren

25 grand for a Golf? No thanks

I'd at least want the DSG and I don't fancy running that out of warranty. Gearbox problem Sir? That'll be 2 grand. I'd also want Xenons and probly the seat upgrade too

And then there's me preferring smaller lighter cars after the price issue

Edited by twisty b-road

I dont think i would buy a fox as to me as ty b-road saids it has no character on the ones ive seen and one reason why i brought and still have the arosa after looking at other cars is because it has charcter IMO to some extent like the MINI which is what i and many others it seems like in a car rather than the usual get in and drive clio, saxo etc

Also when comparing the base models of which the gti would be based on it doesnt say much, the lupo/arosa even in basic form looks so much better in all espects such as interior, shape etc than the outgoing fox although i have seen some impressive photoshops and seen the pics of the concept 'peper' thats exactly what they are NOT REAL and the chance of VW ever spending money on doing so is very slim when its marketed as a budget car which puts it in the same bracket as a 107/c1/aygo which are hardly ground breaking themselves

Not even a Mk5 GTi or R32 confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

yes but we must remember darren does own one very special lupo gti not the run of the base car and with the mods hes carried out it would take a very special car to match it in every respect such as sound for example

wayne

Edited by The subtle modder