Fox GTI TSI

Tigz™

Fox GTI TSI  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Following on from the Golf GT thread.

Knowing peoples views on the Fox, I was just wondering if these views would be changed, if VW brought out a GTI version of the Fox with a TSI engine fitted?

Lets say for arguments sake that the car costs £12500 OTT, has flared arches and 15" BBS rims.

Would would buy one?

Not my fave looking vw, but i think if they do with the fox gti what they have done with lupo gti and but a TSI in it, i would think about getting one, second hand though!

would have one with the superturbo. but if they detuned it with even 1bhp less that what the golf version has they can stuff it where the sun dont shine.

i want a car thats about performance not insurance. there do exist people over 25 who like small cars vw!

I really like the fox, ive seen a few about now and i like them more each time i see one. But i think VW should bring out a TDi version, then i may consider one but i wouldnt buy a standard petrol car they seem really underpowered, in the specs anyway. A GTi would be good and i think ive seen a few pics around of what it may look like and it did look good.

Chris

I really like the fox, ive seen a few about now and i like them more each time i see one. But i think VW should bring out a TDi version, then i may consider one but i wouldnt buy a standard petrol car they seem really underpowered, in the specs anyway. A GTi would be good and i think ive seen a few pics around of what it may look like and it did look good.

Chris

so you think a gti would be good but you wouldnt get one. only a tdi version?

Thats not what he said...

i wouldnt buy a standard petrol car they seem really underpowered

Not away on another anti-diesel tangent I hope smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I would consider the Fox GTI in some form, I thought the Fox Pepper looked quite good. Time will tell if they launch it.

i'm not at the moment. (as far as i know there are no rules against anti diesel talk). smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

but what i said i thought was right unless i read it worng?, he is saying he would only consider a tdi fox which means he can never buy a 1.4 superturbo gti fox?

vw dont make tdi gti do they?

or he could have meant he will only buy a petrol gti if they also make a tdi fox which he wouldnt be buying anyway because he bought the 1.4 gti so what would be the point in making that condition? lol

i think he needs to post!

they might be interested in making a fox gti, maybe even with the 1.4 tsi. but i just got this feeling they would detune it to 150bhp. like they have the polo gti detuned to 150bhp. this makes me so angry.

Edited by beach

well thats two outlooks for sure.

------

there is a swing in this direction generally, small engines forced induction. we have had the colt CZT (car i was going to buy) 1.5 turbo. now we have the peugeot 1.6 turbo GT. hope it continues.

No i said i wouldnt buy a 1.2 or 1.4 fox i would prefer a diesel fox or a gti if i was looking for a petrol fox

Thats not what he said...

Not away on another anti-diesel tangent I hope smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

No its just the 1.2 fox is only 55 bhp and is the same 0-60 time as my 1.0 arosa so i wouldnt want that, and also the 1.4 isnt all the quick by the looks of the figures. I just think a tdi would work better in the fox, and neither petrol gets as good mpg as the equivalent lupo.

I thought there were plans for a diesel fox but it doesnt look like one is due anytime soon.

Chris

No its just the 1.2 fox is only 55 bhp and is the same 0-60 time as my 1.0 arosa so i wouldnt want that, and also the 1.4 isnt all the quick by the looks of the figures. I just think a tdi would work better in the fox, and neither petrol gets as good mpg as the equivalent lupo.

Agree with everything he says smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

No i said i wouldnt buy a 1.2 or 1.4 fox i would prefer a diesel fox or a gti if i was looking for a petrol fox

Chris

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> thank you for clearing that up smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i want a soooooty diesel car to cause distress to those around me with allergies. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Agree with everything he says smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thank you biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> thank you for clearing that up smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i want a soooooty diesel car to cause distress to those around me with allergies. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well thats no why i would or did buy one wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> , but ive never noticed any smoke out of my arosa tdi, modern diesels are very clean, it it wasnt it wouldnt be £50 per year road tax rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

tbh i wouldnt usually go for a diesel, but i wanted an economical car and i like the little vw diesel engine, and now ive got one i think it would be difficult to go back to petrol.

Chris

modern diesels are very clean, it it wasnt it wouldnt be £50 per year road tax rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

cars getting better. but if the fuel was clean it would be cheaper than petrol instead of upto 6p a litre more expensive.

i wish cars were not taxed on co2, i dont mind tax on emissions that are toxic. but co2 is not bad. it could be helping us while we are in the middle of an ice age.

Edited by beach

Would would buy one?

nope, i wouldnt wouldnt buy one...

cars getting better. but if the fuel was clean it would be cheaper than petrol instead of upto 6p a litre more expensive.

i wish cars were not taxed on co2, i dont mind tax on emissions that are toxic. but co2 is not bad. it could be helping us while we are in the middle of an ice age.

Get over yourself...

Following on from the Golf GT thread.

Knowing peoples views on the Fox, I was just wondering if these views would be changed, if VW brought out a GTI version of the Fox with a TSI engine fitted?

Lets say for arguments sake that the car costs £12500 OTT, has flared arches and 15" BBS rims.

Would would buy one?

I wauld buy one for sure, i think that wauld be a cool car and we have all seen how good a modded fox can look!

Put my name down for one now please VW biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

From what ive heard from numourous car websites, vw's next task is to build a 1.0 TSI with 100ps, as this is likely to narrow the gap in small cars between petrol and diesel. as the engine is smaller in a lighter car than the golf the economy gains can be even greater. I believe it will be launched in the new polo due the end of 2007.

The fox may get this engine for a fox sport, but to be honest, I think its unlikely as the key word with the fox is budget, and tsi technology at the minute is expensive to produce. Eventually as vw switch most of their engines over to the technology it will become cheaper, but for the minute the premium is likely to be as high or higher than diesel - the same reason why in the UK we do not get the diesel fox.

I would not buy a Fox whatever engine they put in it. The looks, interior and build quality of the car is rubbish IMO.

In fact, while I am "on one", I would not swap my Lupo for any current VW model at all.

I would not buy a Fox whatever engine they put in it. The looks, interior and build quality of the car is rubbish IMO.

In fact, while I am "on one", I would not swap my Lupo for any current VW model at all.

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I think i like every VW out at the moment

The fox is quite a good small car, when you compare it to the ford ka, kia picanto and pug 107 and the likes, which i had a 107 for a few days and hated it, the fox is quality against them.

The polo i think could do with better interior quality as it seens to be going slowly downhill, but its still a good quality car and i like the looks of the latest one.

The beetle is on of my favorite vdubs atm

The golf and the jetta look really good and we recently had a golf loan car and it was great, that was good quality, i especially like the jetta, it looks so classy.

The new passat is in a class above the vectra and mondeo now, in terms of looks, size, quality and brand image.

Just what i think though biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

A bit strong, I think if someone offered me the keys to a fully specced Mk5 Golf GTI in exchange for the Loop I would snap his arm off laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

vw dont make tdi gti do they?

erm...... not in gti spec, but in gt spec, they do a 170bhp diesel.

and even in the mk4 golf, they did a gt tdi with the 130 bhp and 150 bhp engines

i love my petrol lupo, but would love better ecomony, and so far, only a diesel engine really gives us this.

The fox is quite a good small car,

Not a specific response to you, but this general view that the Fox is a small car needs to be countered.

The Fox is bigger than the Polo:

length, mm

3527 Lupo

3828 Fox

3916 Polo

width, w/out door mirrors, mm

1639 Lupo

1660 Fox

1650 Polo

height, mm

1459 Lupo

1544 Fox

1467 Polo

wheelbase, mm

2321 Lupo

2465 Fox

2466 Polo

maximum luggage capacity:

w/out rear seat folded, litres

140 Lupo

260 (seat fwd) Fox

270 Polo

with rear seat folded, litres

830 Lupo

1016 Fox

1030 Polo

Edit to clarify: I hate the Fox with a passion.

Also thought I'd add this extract from VW's press pack on the Fox, which - if you read between the lines - sums up their attitude towards it:

Quality

Volkswagen enjoys a hard won reputation for quality and knows that it must make an even greater commitment in the areas of design, materials, development and quality control if it is to retain its lead.

By designing the Fox to make use of some major and minor components including nuts, bolts, washers and fixings used in other Group products, Volkswagen is able to purchase high quality components and materials in bulk. By saving costs in these areas, Volkswagen has more resource to spend on quality items specific to the Fox such as the body shell and trim components.

Deek.

Edited by dxg

Not a specific response to you, but this general view that the Fox is a small car needs to be countered.

The Fox is bigger than the Polo:

length, mm

3527 Lupo

3828 Fox

3916 Polo

width, w/out door mirrors, mm

1639 Lupo

1660 Fox

1650 Polo

height, mm

1459 Lupo

1544 Fox

1467 Polo

wheelbase, mm

2321 Lupo

2465 Fox

2466 Polo

maximum luggage capacity:

w/out rear seat folded, litres

140 Lupo

260 (seat fwd) Fox

270 Polo

with rear seat folded, litres

830 Lupo

1016 Fox

1030 Polo

Edit to clarify: I hate the Fox with a passion.

Also thought I'd add this extract from VW's press pack on the Fox, which - if you read between the lines - sums up their attitude towards it:

Deek.

Wow i never thought it was quite as big as a polo, but for me i think thats a good thing, better value for money biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Chris