Lupo/Arosa finance problem

dvfmlfc

Hiya folks,

Problems with finance and stuff. I'll try to be as brief as I can......

Swapped my Lupo for an Arosa at a reputable SEAT dealership in NW England at the end of last month, all's well and good so far.

My Lupo was financed with Black Horse. I was told by the SEAT dealer that they could pay off what was outstanding with Black Horse. I told the SEAT dealer that it was approx 2600 owing. They told me it wasn't a problem, they could sort it all out with the finance company........

Well, they haven't.

I made a routine call to Black Horse yesterday to tell them I was cancelling my direct debit with them. However, they told me that the Lupo agreement is still active and they have had no contact with the SEAT dealer to settle the outstanding money. I was also told that there was actually 3000 owing on the Lupo, 400 quid more than I estimated.

The SEAT Dealer has had my Lupo since the 25th August and in that time I get the impression no one there has spoken to Black Horse at all.

A payment for my old Lupo is due out on the 21st, with the first payment for the Arosa coming out on the 25th. I've cancelled the direct debit for the Lupo. I haven't the money to pay both, nor should I?

Today, I've been trying to speak to someone at the SEAT dealership in question. Despite numerous attempts, no one has returned my calls.

Can anybody on here advise me on further action I should take? Good and bad comments about my actions welcome!

Andy

none payment of either will result in a further charge to yourself,have you any paperwork from seat stating the above agreement, go back in and demand your lupo back as technically it's yours,or report it as stolen.

Had this with ford when we got our mini, traded in our audi A2 and they said they would pay off the finance etc!

Turns out they didnt!!! had to go down to the ford garage and kick up a stink, still ended up paying for the audi for 1 more month to stop any adverse credt, then claimed the money back from ford!

We told them that as they haddent payed for the finance on the audi we would take the car back, the sorted a cheque in the end but took well over a month!

First up its still your problem... so non-payment is not an option on the DD. Unless you like defaults on your credit file.

Do as Dub-Love says... kick up a stink... And do it today on saturday as the sales manager will not want a seen on their busiest day... but speak directly with the sales manager NOT the salesman or anyone else.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i dont much about these things, but sounds like its not your problem anymore if you dont own the car. just cancel your debit and forget?
Do not under any circumstances cancel the DD & do nothing. Legally, you are not allowed to sell a car with outstanding finance on it, thus it should really have been sorted by the dealership prior to you transferring ownership to them. (Assuming it is finance on the car, rather than a bank loan). I'm assuming you have paperwork to show that they said they would clear the outstanding balance?
Give the citizens advice bureau a call. They will know what to do.
Very good idea - this sort of situation is the reason the CAB exists.

Kicking up a stink may not be the best idea, as I'm guessing you will have an ongoing relationship with the dealership. However, going in there & insisting on seeing someone is a good idea. Calm & rational is the best approach.

Good luck getting it sorted.

Edited by nickilupo

Kicking up a stink may not be the best idea, as I'm guessing you will have an ongoing relationship with the dealership. However, going in there & insisting on seeing someone is a good idea. Calm & rational is the best approach.

So a good quiet, calm and rational stink strategy is what is needed...

Good advice, but I wouldn't leave until I had a written agreement on the Black Horse finance clearance.

Good luck!

Ray

Update -

Got a call on Saturday morning from the sales manager at the SEAT dealership. They said they'd sent a cheque out to Black Horse on the previous Thursday night / Friday morning for the sum I was told was outstanding that day, which was just over 3000.

Apparently, the SEAT Dealership have a dispute over the outstanding finance on the traded-in Lupo. They say when they first approached Black Horse they were told just over 2600 was outstanding (what I originally estimated), but now the amount has gone up to 3000. I know interest is incurred, but there's something going on there.

In hindsight, I should've checked with Black Horse about trading in the Lupo first, before going ahead with anything.

I'm checking with Black Horse tomorrow morning that they have had the cheque, they better have had. I'll also re-instate the DD just in case.

Thanx for your help guys

Andy