Picture of the day

ArosaMike

I haven't taken any photo's for ages because I completely ruined my knee on my mountain bike in August so I thought I'd post up some oldies.

Beautiful shot, incredible detail! Well done. My photos of the night sky have considerably less magnification!

This one I took in January but processed over the weekend just made Flickr Explore:

8654956191_50a3074b32_b.jpg

Thanks Snoopy, that is a brilliant shot too. Perfect exposure on the foreground and I love the way the stars look like they radiate from a set point, you don't often see that.

Here's another one I took last summer, I can't wait to get back into it, stupid leg :rant:

6235895900_b9e9b18777_b.jpg
Edited by VR6
  • Like 1

Did you use a flash or torch to light one of the images in that HDR?

I used a torch to do the light painting. I tried a flash but kept on hitting the retroreflective license plate too much, the torch allowed me to control where the beam fell more accurately.

Me too, but as me and the mrs are at work all day we didn't think it fair to get a pup, so coz she wanted a pet we found it cheaper to get a couple of cats to keep each other company in the day.

I considered that one but prefer not to use a tripod, I can't fault it! I'm guessing that cat photo's taken with it? Can't fault that either!

No, that shot was with a 50mm 1.8, tbh I don't really see the need for IS for a lot of stuff I do and couldn't justify the extra cost of it, the only time I'd need a tripod is with low light or longer exposures as the 2.8 keeps it useable without a tripod with most action shots during the day.

I look forward to seeing more from your 70-200! That also proves how good the nifty fifty really is.....might have to put mine back on sometime!

Its possibly my favourite lens, next on the list is a 24-70 I reckon, I have a 18-55 II IS but I dunno if I trust it!! Dont want a sigma 17-70 do ya?