Welcome Fox owners...

AndyW

Welcome Robster smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Why thank you.

I think 2 hours is a little conservative - If I put a really big exhaust on it I could get 1 3/4 hours I reccon...

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

The 1.2 fox is quicker than you think if you are used to a 2.0 l ford mondao you will find it is not that slow also the reason we have a 1.2 in the uk it is becaues the money grabing government what more and more money to tax and insuer cars, also the 1.2 is a good start for younger drivers as it is group 1e insurance then you get your no clames in a good car then upgrade to an even better one.

as i have always said an aygo looks good but that is were the pittifully small gutless engined (65 bhp and 65 nm toque) pice of £%$"

the fox 55 bhp and 105 nm toque

(Have you seen the u tube film of the fox at 104 mph not the stated 93)

(Have you seen the u tube film of the fox at 104 mph not the stated 93)

I can confirm that on a private airfield the fox can easily achieve 100mph. It doesn't even complain! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

• 4 weeks later...

I am soon to be a new owner of a fox it arrives monday so it should be at the next dub preservation but unfortunatly not soon enough for wales this weekend.

Hope to meet you all soon never dared come on here before as my last one was a polo.

x

• 2 weeks later...
I can confirm that on a private airfield the fox can easily achieve 100mph. It doesn't even complain! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

i can also conferm that on a private runway smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> my 1.4 fox reached 118-120 and even pulls in 5th ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

• 1 month later...

Hi to you all. I have just bought a new Urban Fox in silver.The first test it has passed is the rain. The heavens opened up like never before. It held the road very well and the wipers were excellent.

This is my first VW. My last car was a Toyota which I had for 8 trouble free years.

What I like about the Fox is the seating position. Reminds me of driving a Transit! Some may complain about the austere interior but I would rather have an easy clean surface than being coddled in cotton and velour.

Hope to contribute to the forum.

Take Care

You are quite correct, it is peppy. I considered the diesel but it would take a few years to recoup the costs. I like the space inside and the basic layout. The gears are also very good - nice and smooth and very positive. I wish they'd put a small block near to the left of clutch as a footrest. The under-seat tray is a good idea.

Cheeky buggers wanting to charge for a smoking kit - about £15. Didn't a lighter and ashtray once come as standard? Cheap alternative, empty tin of cola and a market stall lighter - 60 pence. lol.

I also bought the mud flaps - £44.00. I'm going to fir them myself, the dealer wanted £110.00 all in for fitting. Like how much?

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I also bought the mud flaps - £44.00. I'm going to fir them myself, the dealer wanted £110.00 all in for fitting. Like how much?

£110 ! takes about 10 mins to fit thats crazzy lol

• 12 years later...