VW FOX

willcrook

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
this is a pic of my VW fox i took at GTI summer fest.

it's been lowered 35mm

sta70325pz1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

gonna get coilovers next because it's not low enough lol

just seen this pic, it looks a hundred times better lowered, any more pics?

• 4 weeks later...

I have just bought a Fox, choosing it over a Toyota Aygo. Although the Aygo is a little sportier and easier to throw around, the Fox just feels that much better quality.

I think I should shed a little light on the Fox situation; the Fox is a sensible buy. It's cheap to insure, run and service (for three years, all it'll cost me is £145/month for the car (including servicing) and £60/month insurance (which is very good for a 19yo)). Also, there's an air of respect around it that I just don't get from the cuddly/friendly Lupo, however you dress it up. If I lowered it (they are a little high) and de-badged it, it wouldn't look out of place in a track meet or a corporate car park.

However, I won't be lowering it, or de-badging it. It'll take me (legally) as fast as I can down the M4 (Bloody SPECS won't let me go any faster anyway), and I can wait a few extra seconds for it to get there. When I pull up at a clients' house, they'll know I'm a businessman, not wonder if I might be said man's son. And when they're in the car, they'll appreciate the spaciousness and solid feel (no bodywork showing, thoughtful cup-holders, e.t.c). All kept at around 45mpg.

The Fox is definitely not a Lupo replacement. It's slower. It wears its belt higher. And it's more grown up. It's a sensible car, and there's not many of them sub-£7000. A Lupo owner, a man that really loves his Lupo, just won't get it, because the Lupo was never really a Volkswagen. A Volkswagen is a sensible German car, and a Lupo is a little bit of a cross breed. With what, I'll leave to speculation and rumour ^_~

And if that isn't a post that will set me off on the wrong foot, I don't know what will ^_~

Hi, welcome to the club biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I quite like the fox, i go through stages of not liking it and liking it huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> , but at the moment i like it lol

I know what you mean about the Aygo, it looks nice, imo, but once you get in and start it its a huge dissapointment, cheap, loud and a hard ride. I can imagine the Fox is noting like that. I was supprised how much space there is in the Fox when i had a look at the dealers.

Any pics of your Fox? put some up in the readers rides section, there arnt many Fox readers rides yet.

Chris

Hehe, thanks for the welcome. I'll get out there with a camera when it comes back from the bodyshop (it came with a scratch and the dealer is falling over to get me to sign for it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />). I'm borrowing a Golf TDI while it's gone actually (with the bottom-hinged accelerator just begging to be floored). I admit the car isn't much to look at (I actually thought it was a van when I saw it in the ads) but it's so solid and nice after taking the Aygo for a 2-day test drive.

The Aygo is a brilliant car; hats off to Toyota for it, but it's so cheap to look at once you know that back bumper feels like a temporary road sign to the touch. It's an easier drive, more responsive than the Fox, but not by much. Also, the Fox handles the Motorways MUCH better (even though it has a lower top speed, it has no problem getting to it. I think it's limited actually; maybe someone should go get a re-map. Not me, I like my warranty ^_~).

The Fox generally feels bigger too. I keep parking it and leaving WAY too much space in front of the car!

I'm borrowing a Golf TDI while it's gone actually (with the bottom-hinged accelerator just begging to be floored).

blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I had one of these last week as a courtesy car, the mk5 1.9TDI? I got it with every intention of ragging the tits off it, but with only 4750 revs to play with, it wasn't having any of it. Still, I gave it my best shot. Used about £15 worth of diesel too. In one day. huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Economic? Pah!

Hehe, thanks for the welcome. I'll get out there with a camera when it comes back from the bodyshop (it came with a scratch and the dealer is falling over to get me to sign for it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />). I'm borrowing a Golf TDI while it's gone actually (with the bottom-hinged accelerator just begging to be floored). I admit the car isn't much to look at (I actually thought it was a van when I saw it in the ads) but it's so solid and nice after taking the Aygo for a 2-day test drive.

Look forward to seeing the pics, even though its standard smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> , i like standard cars

We had a golf TDi last week, very nice car, but yeah the accelerator is a bit strange, doesnt feel much if any quicker than my TDi Arosa which i thought was a bit dissapointing.

The Aygo is a brilliant car; hats off to Toyota for it, but it's so cheap to look at once you know that back bumper feels like a temporary road sign to the touch. It's an easier drive, more responsive than the Fox, but not by much. Also, the Fox handles the Motorways MUCH better (even though it has a lower top speed, it has no problem getting to it. I think it's limited actually; maybe someone should go get a re-map. Not me, I like my warranty ^_~).

Yeah i like the Aygos looks, its the best looking out of the C1, 107 and Aygo. Although i had a 107 loan car and i was really dissapointed with it, nothing like i was hopeing it would be like. Really load at motorway speed and the whole car just felt cheap - i know it is a cheap car but still, so was the arosa and thats a brilliant car biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Foxes seem to be getting more popular, but i still dont see that many, i think for a cheap small car, which actually has quite a bit of space you carnt get any better than the Fox, id certainly buy one, and i would if there was a TDI Fox available.

The Fox generally feels bigger too. I keep parking it and leaving WAY too much space in front of the car!

The roadtests of the Fox says there is more space in the back than the Polo, could be true it feels quite big inside, and the boot is very impressive.

Yep i had that problem with the 107, id park and think hmm yep its probably quite close and get out and there was miles of room laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> , I soon got the hang of it though swerve.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":swerve:" border="0" alt="swerve.gif" />

A Lupo owner, a man that really loves his Lupo, just won't get it, because the Lupo was never really a Volkswagen. A Volkswagen is a sensible German car, and a Lupo is a little bit of a cross breed. With what, I'll leave to speculation and rumour ^_~

This man talks sense!

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

The Golf TDI is a typical 'sensible' car. It'll coax you into thinking you're just cruising breezily along. It hides every sound from the engine and sends you subliminal messages through the radio ('...we're not going very fast ...what a slow, steady ride ...germans are not trying to brainwash you' e.t.c), all while belting 90 down a high street.

So no, it doesn't feel very powerful.

I should make a point of getting to the point more often, and more quickly...

And err, what were you doing to use 15 litres of diesel in one day?

I should also say that I hate Double Posters. And When I took the Aygo for a walk, the best bit was throwing it about Devonshire countryside. It's so small, and because you actually feel you're in a small car, you can throw it about with reckless abandon. And through the first 60, it really goes.

yes then you want to put a loaf of bread in the boot of an Aygo O damn i cant seem to get it in. I just put my golf cubs in the boot of my fox !!

Also the gear box in the C1 (witch is the sam as th aygo) is nasty and on the motorway it is not very good at all the (chevrolet kalos is better)

Edited by FLO7LXJ

I had a good look at the fox at the dealers today, im really impressed, masses of space, i set my drving position and could easily fit behind the seat and the seats were really comfy, and im about 6ft 2". The boot is very big for a car of this size and price range, although it was only a base model and dint have the sliding rear seat. I liked pretty much everything about it and for the price i couldnt fault it. The styling has grown on me and i like the feel of the interior, not quite as good as the usual VW standard but still not bad. I actually think the latest polo is slightly lacking in interior quality.

There was one parked next to my arosa when i came out of the dealers, they look massive compared to mine. A lot of car for £6,500, ill be tempted by one when i come to change i think.

Ill go along and get a test drive soon and see what i think of it out on the road.

Also the gear box in the C1 (witch is the sam as th aygo) is nasty and on the motorway it is not very good at all the (chevrolet kalos is better)

Yes i hate the gearboxes in those, seemed really notchey and short shifts which i dont like. The 107 loan car i had i was driving on a motorway in the rain and it was soo load from road boise and spray noises from the wet roads.

• 1 year later...
this is a pic of my VW fox i took at GTI summer fest.

it's been lowered 35mm

sta70325pz1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

gonna get coilovers next because it's not low enough lol

Hello

What size do you have on the wheels and the tires? ET on the wheels?

• 2 years later...